Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Another day on the job

For right now one hour at the library goes by quickly and keeps the stress level down, but pretty soon I'm going to ask if I can add another hour or two.

Today I was straightening up the kids' play area and felt a tap on my hand.  Looking up I saw the most beautiful little girl who tapped my hand again and then pointed to one of the book sections.  Not a word was said by her, but I followed her, and when we were in front of the shelf she pointed to a book on the top which was on display.  I handed it to her and then she handed it to her little friend who was with her.  I asked her if she wanted a book for herself and she pointed to another one, so I took care of that.  What a couple of little sweethearts!  Of course my heart melted.

It has been foggy off and on today but no rain as yet.  Maybe on Thursday we will see some precip.

I'm going to return the Mr. Coffee maker to Costco tomorrow.  I followed all the directions and brewed my coffee in it yesterday.  I have never had such tasteless stuff, which is beyond my comprehension because I've always found Mr. Coffee to brew delicious coffee.   To me there is nothing like that first cup of coffee every morning.

I don't know what the problem is, but I got my old Mr.C out and used it this morning.  There is a distinct difference and I'm not wasting my money on the new version.

I also bought a heavy duty hand can opener at Target, which is much more substantial than the one I have been using.  I appreciate all the comments on this issue, but I decided that for the rare times I use a can opener at all, I can provide the energy to turn the handle.  The only thing missing is the "church key" (bottle cap opener) that the old opener has on the end of one handle.  I only need it to open the occasional bottle of beer, so I should search for one of the two Swiss Army knives I have somewhere.

I want to mention that I'm treating my nightly leg cramps with the Himalayan pink salt and a product called "Calm".   Calm is magnesium powder so I'm using about half the recommended dose and so far it works pretty well.

7 comments:

  1. I liked that wee story about the little girl & her book:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may be interested in trying out transdermal magnesium therapy as well. You can take up larger amounts transdermally through your feet than orally and it is very relaxing. Most people are deficient in magnesium as well as other minerals.

    http://www.ancient-minerals.com/transdermal-magnesium/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes NEW coffeemakers ( especially Mr Coffee ) have a nasty plastic smell and taste - water and vinegar doesn't work - you need to drench a couple paper towels with VODKA and wipe down all the interior plastic parts and filter cup etc - let it set a few minutes and then rinse thoroughly - maybe run a pot of fresh water thru - that should get rid of the plastic taste that ruins your coffee - maybe other alcohol would work but I've always heard to use Vodka ! Also Spring water in the gallon jug makes excellent coffee - Good Luck !

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife had issues with leg cramps at night. A friend told her to take a table spoon of yellow mustard. She tried it and it works for her. She now keeps those little plastic mustard packs in her night stand...Something about turmeric acid in the mustard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. Mustard can be helpful. We also have used turmeric for years. We have discovered it is best to heat turmeric and that adding black pepper makes it more bioavailable. I use it in cooking.

      Curry powder also contains turmeric and it is great in some dishes. Sometimes I will melt some butter in a plan and put some turmeric and black pepper in it to heat and then fry or scramble my eggs in that in the morning.

      My husband and I are "nutty" old people who are trying to keep "movin" and "doin." Hippocrates said, "Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food." We get our potassium with a Bragg's vinegar and raw honey drink we take with our meals. It help digestion.

      Delete
  5. My wife had issues with leg cramps at night. A friend told her to take a table spoon of yellow mustard. She tried it and it works for her. She now keeps those little plastic mustard packs in her night stand...Something about turmeric acid in the mustard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It always bothered me to have an electric can opener on the counter. I didn't use it much and it took up space (even in a house). So I have a hand can opener, too, and it's a better option for me. Works great, then is out of sight. Bummer about the coffee maker.

    ReplyDelete