Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Check-in; Updated

I thought I'd better let everyone know I'm alive and well.  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I ate a bit of everything on the table.  Didn't feel very well during the night but figured it was that I'm not used to all the carbs and sugar.  It was worth a few difficult hours for all the wonderful food!

I've been listening to and watching YouTube and online radio lately, and rarely even turn on the TV.   I've discovered some mind-bending stuff, and it's always good to keep an open mind.

I'm getting ready to leave for the Library and my first experience volunteering there.  I ask myself what the hell I got myself into, and don't have any idea how it will go.  I will keep my options open though, and may end up actually enjoying it.

Thanks to everyone who contributed their old sayings.  I've heard most, but there were some I never knew.

So that's about it for me - I'm still plodding along at my own pace! 

UPDATE:
My hour at the library passed very quickly, and I'll have to say, "Dang, I'm good!"  Or at least "I'm OK!"

Mostly what I did was to sort books, and I'm sure they want to make sure that I know "C" follows "B", and "2" comes before "3".  It's actually more complex than that but I think I did fine and I feel good about it.  I don't know what came over to me to doubt my own capabilities in the first place, but it's good to get that first work session over with.

6 comments:

  1. When I started college my major was library science. I decided I didn't like school well enough to hang in there. I think you'll enjoy it once you get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you over came your fear and moved ahead glad you enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, I knew you would do well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever watched Ted talks? They are really interesting. Just curious, how many books can one shelve in an hour? I love to do it whenever I find one out of place.

    ReplyDelete