Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Hunkered down!

I woke up early in the morning to the sound of rain, and it was blowing hard and coming down fast.  I guess it rained for about an hour, and then again later in the morning we had another bout of rain but without the wind.

In between the rain I went to the farmers' market, and the guy at one of the stalls thanked me for coming out this morning.  I don't think there is much that would keep me away.

When I got back home and put everything away I just vegetated for the rest of the day.  Don't know what happened to my energy.  As it seemed very chilly to me I was dressed in my warm sweats, and climbed back into bed with my sweats on.  I think I slept for about two hours.

Since then I've been trying to catch up on programs I recorded during the month I was away.  I watch two shows and then a couple more new ones are recorded, so I begin to wonder if I'll ever see all of them.

It is really difficult to deal with cravings for sweets.  Along with bacon and eggs I've been eating grapes and bananas for breakfast  and they contain sugar, but it's pastries I crave!  Also ice cream.  Yesterday I kept track of carbs and sugars just to see where I stand, and my totals for the day were 87g of carbs and 63g of sugar.  I want to keep it somewhere around those numbers for at least a week or two and see if I feel any different.  Maybe I can fall off the wagon a time or two in the future as long as I can maintain the new way of eating.  I do feel great overall (aside from being tired today) but I'm waiting for a dynamite burst of energy.  Like when pigs fly.  I know I'd be more energetic if I wasn't getting up every two hours during the night - that has to take a toll on the restful sleep everyone needs.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it was the rain that made you so relaxed today. We are getting it hard tonight again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Years ago I lost my cravings for sugar and carbs when I did not eat ANY CARBS for several days. I kept it up for several years but then fell off the wagon :-( It started when I ate a few carbs and then more and bingo, the cravings were back. I did that though to lose weight, which I did but that is not your problem right???

    ReplyDelete