Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, October 3, 2015

A few answers

First, I'd like to thank everyone for their comments and suggestions.  Moonfly, I'm going to order the aluminum card carrier right away.

My son figured out what happened.  Someone in Georgia is using my email to sign up - the Higi account showed it was a 179# female, although I doubt that is the case.  Anyone who wants to can sign up for free, so why hijack another's email account to sign up for it.  The main thing is that my email account was hacked into and evidently the password was figured out.  I reset the password and am going to change to new passwords more frequently from now on.  The one I had been using for gmail was last changed in March of 2014.  

Now I'm concerned at what other mischief they got into.  I'm glad this happened because I would have gone a long time and maybe until something much more serious occurred.  It goes to show that passwords can be figured out more easily than I thought, and I hope we all can get something positive out of what happened to me.  Thanks again for all your support, comments, and suggestions.

And thanks to my wonderful son for following the leads in tracking this problem to the source.

7 comments:

  1. So glad to hear your son figured out what was going on. Jim signed up for the Walmart Savings thing and had that account hacked. Good grief. What a mess that was. We stay on top of everything all the time now. Did you get a notice from OPM about being hacked? I did and now I get a report whenever something happens on my credit report. Thank goodness nothing is happening. My passwords are all really random and even I have trouble remembering them so hopefully that will help keep the thieves away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got it figured out. There are several password checkers on the internet where you can check the strength of one that you want to use. I would do that on somebody else's computer though so it will not show up on yours. It sure is sad that we have to be so careful but I guess "crime pays". :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I have to say, I'm relieved! I've had my e-mail hacked, too, it's been a while (fingers crossed). So I understand that, at least. I was really worried about the possibilities that could be happening. Whew! :) And I hope you have no more issues with the e-mail hacker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to read you got it figured out and got a heads up on the hacked e-mail account.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that the mystery is solved. I suspect that we all should change our passwords more often than we do:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do so hate passwords. There are so many of them everywhere and I just cannot remember them so I very bad about changing them. I hate that you were hacked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It always helps to have family that can figure things out better than us. I don't know what has happened with my blog but I haven't had any comments on my last post maybe everyone got bored with me. hahaha I did send a complaint as a few of my readers did let me know they couldn't comment and that was a few months ago. I filed a complaint then and never heard a word from Blogger on that either

    ReplyDelete