Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Blogs

I have noticed several times in the past week or so that when I write a comment and hit Publish, it never shows up.  In one case I wrote my comment and published it twice but it didn't ever appear.  I'm mentioning this because I think others are experiencing similar happenings with Blogger.  

I don't have a clue what is happening, but nothing on my computer is working perfectly lately.  I get strange screens that appear, asking me to enter a "guest code"; I'm having to restart the computer several times a day, and of course, my latest experience of someone using my email address.  

When I look at the Stats on the Blogger page and click on Audience, I see that I am being viewed by people in countries that I question are valid views of my blog.  I don't know of anyone in China, India, Russia, etc., who would be interested in my blog.  

When I get back to California I plan to take my laptop to the Apple store and have them look at it and make sure there is no malware on it, and I guess it's time I get a little more diligent about security.  It takes a lot of the fun out of using a computer, though, when you have to keep so many passwords and deal with tighter security.

Speaking of when I get back, I wonder if I can continue going without TV.  I can't figure out the controls on the TV here so I just don't bother watching it.  One month without TV and I haven't missed it a bit!  The flip side of that is I probably spend more time on the computer.  I need a dog!

7 comments:

  1. I had the same problem with comments a few days ago, but all seems to be working okay today. One of the best things I like about heading out in the motorhome is getting away from that darn TV. Nice to have other things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see I am not the only one having problems with Blogger. I am not getting my comments but like you Gypsy I have lots of views. I did send a complaint but I guess they really don't care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get your comments, so don't know what the problem is. I only seem to watch TV in the evenings, but I'd be lost without it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL My TV 'viewing' is limited to the classic music station on the open air PBS channel. Computer? I'm always searching for some new documentary that has been posted on u-tube; as no one, except my sister, watches the odd ball stuff I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I even got rid of my roof mounted TV antenna last week. Now no tv or antenna. Feels great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not having any trouble commenting on your blog. I haven't noticed your having trouble posting on my blog but since I haven't posted anything in a week no wonder. LOL! But I"m going to put something up tonight I swear. I never watch TV. There just isn't anything on the over the ai,r which is all we get, that I'd want to spend my time on. I'd rather read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, might be your computer, but the truth is once I make a comment and it appears to go, I never really go back and see if it is actually on the blog. Maybe I should:)

    ReplyDelete