Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, August 7, 2015

Ring-Ring!


Yes, my phone is still ringing but I just ignore it.  A suggestion to block 800 calls wouldn't work, as a lot of the calls have the local area code.  I should call ATT to see if I can stop the service.  They are so vague and talk so fast when trying to get your order that you can't figure out which parts are for a contracted period of time or no contract at all.

Today has been cloudy which has kept the temperature down a bit.  I mentioned that I am itching to go camping for a few days but my youngest son agreed with me that it wouldn't be a great idea with all the fires and smoke in the area.  He works at a hospital off I-80 (east, towards Reno), and said that the smoke even permeates the halls of the hospital.  Everyone's clothes smell like smoke by the end of a shift.  Unbelieveable!

There are two TV channels that I don't  receive with my new service - The Smithsonian Channel and the NASA channel.  I recorded "Aerial America" from the Smithsonian, which are one hour explorations from the air of each of the states and the District of Columbia.  I have two recorded programs left and then I'm finished with that series.  Just when the NASA channel got very interesting with the fly-by of Pluto, I no longer have access to it.  I really dislike the tiers of service and don't understand why you shouldn't be able to pick a certain number of channels from the total.  I'd sure leave out all the awful cable news channels! 

Friday, Aug. 7 
My son Steve went out of town yesterday and I stayed overnight at their house with Meg and Liam.  I slept in Liam's twin bed, and in the middle of the night their boxer/pit came into the room and climbed on my legs and feet.  It became seriously uncomfortable so I finally moved my legs out of his way and let him lie on the mattress.  He must have been seriously uncomfortable too because when I moved he started wagging his tail furiously into my side!  He is such a great dog with a sweet personality, but he is a big 'un.

Liam turns 5 this month and is a future paleontologist.  What he knows about dinosaurs of all kinds would leave most adults just scratching their heads, and the names of the different dinosaurs just roll off his tongue like he was reciting a nursery rhyme.  Then he can say where they have been found, i.e., Wyoming, the Gobi Desert, etc., and go point to the location on the globe.  I sure hope he stays with this interest because it can lead to a very good career.  I can tell you that I am "dinosaur'ed out" for a while though.



6 comments:

  1. I hope Liam grows up to follow his interest in paleontology. Then his work will be fun for the rest of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I think we should be able to pick a few channels of interest to us. Of course I am not saying pay channels like HBO, etc. since they only show maybe 3 different movies a month anyway. But yes History and some of the other descent shows.

    Liam is a smart little guy for his age I think he has a very good chance of being something wonderful in his adult life.

    Yes the smoke will get into everything with these fires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I had AT&T phones in my house, they had a service called privacy manager, if they still offer it, maybe it would help with all of the calls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found having a dog in the bed is always uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow 5 year old boys seem to always be dinosaur crazy but it disappears around age 8. If it stays beyond that who knows. I always felt that persons who had a love of something from early childhood were the happiest people in their careers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow 5 year old boys seem to always be dinosaur crazy but it disappears around age 8. If it stays beyond that who knows. I always felt that persons who had a love of something from early childhood were the happiest people in their careers.

    ReplyDelete