Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, August 31, 2015

Fueling up

I went to Costco this morning and first went into one of the lines for the gas pumps.  The pumps can be accessed from both sides, but all traffic drives one way in and one way out.  The hoses are longer than usual so if your tank is on the left side, as mine is, the hose will still reach.  Just barely.

I used to avoid the pumps on the left but decided I would just take what will be the quickest way through the station.  Today I was trying to stretch the hose, hold my sunglasses in my hand (which I had taken off in order to read the instructions on the pump), and also my Costco card and debit card.  I wanted to get rid of something so tried to put on my glasses, but nearly dropped the cards.  There is always an attendant there, and the female attendant came up and took over holding the pump.  I got myself straightened out but she insisted she would pump the gas for me, and told me that when I come back I can just toot the horn and an attendant will come and pump the gas for me.  

I was really pleased with Costco - I don't know if that is standard with all of their stores or just the one I shop at, but it was so nice to stand and chat with the attendant while she was pumping the gas.  Costco really tries to be good to its members, which is certainly a big difference from some of their competitors - B.J.'s comes to mind.  

I am trying to get off the sweets I've been craving, and safely got past the biscotti and the box of 24 Danish.  But further along, dang if I didn't go past another display of biscotti and my guard was down.  I haven't had one for a long time and enjoyed it after my lunch.  Mmmmm good!

5 comments:

  1. Mom and I ended up at Costco just now and Mom fell for the lemon cakes. What can I say. We were actually looking for lunch and ate at their food court first. I said we should have just grazed on samples, and it turned out we could have eaten well. That is how she got hooked into the lemon cakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have a Costco here that I know about but Houston has a couple of them. I don't go to Houston unless I absolutely have to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surrendering to temptation once in awhile is a good thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is time for me to join Costco, prescriptions are much cheaper, I need new glasses and I love their laundry soap. And if they pump gas added bonus. Not like it's a hard thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in Sam's Saturday and someone had left a package of Apple Fritters by the check out. That's my weakness but I managed to resist. I didn't even know Sam's had Apple Fritters and the box probably had 12 in it. At Walmart I can just buy one if I want. We have a Costco coming and the traffic is going to be terrible where it's being built. I was excited last year that we were getting a Whole Food store and I have been in there twice. A third of the store has baked goods. I doubt their cookies and muffins are all that healthy.

    ReplyDelete