Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, August 10, 2015

A beautiful day!

It's been a gorgeous day from beginning until now, a little after 6 pm.  It never got really hot and I was able to find parking spaces under the trees at all the stops I made!

My chiropractor and hairdresser are in the same general direction and I didn't want to come all the way home in between appointments, so I fooled around at a different Costco, spent a lot of time at REI, and bought a sandwich to eat in the courtyard by the hairdresser's salon.   I think I wandered every aisle at REI except the sports aisles such as water sports, rock climbing, cycling, etc.  I love looking at hiking and camping equipment, and while I don't need another item I think about my granddaughter, Ara, and what she might need.  When we were backpacking in May our tiny little stove failed and the water pump took eons to fill a small bottle with filtered drinking water.

Since I'm a member of REI, I have a fair amount of dividend I never used this year and I'm waiting until Ara comes back to Sac for a visit to take her over there to see what she might want to spend it on.  It won't buy a big ticket item but the smaller items add up.   One problem is that most of the merchandise in stores in the west have products that are better suited for the western mountains, while the Appalachians are better supplied from the east coast.   But strolling around any kind of outdoors equipment store is my idea of heaven!

I am again yearning for a dog, a young male black lab.   I'd even consider a puppy.  Call me crazy, and I probably will never get one, but I think about it all the time.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day. I still haven't been to REI here its so far and in the heart of the worst traffic area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice day. It's been great here too. Hiking does not do it for me. I am pining for the update of Windows 10 for my laptop. Wish it would get here soon. I really really want to try it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine a day without my dogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your weather was so good. You guys out there sure deserve it. I’d love to hear how you think REI differs from the East Coast to the West in terms of what they offer. We’ve never had one near enough our Stix and Brix to belong. We had a regional Mid Atlantic group store called Blue Ridge Mountain sports which was great for many years but has now filled 40-60% of its store with clothing and I don’t mean the heavy duty hiking and climbing kind. Maybe that’s because Gander Mountain came to town and that’s what they have. Token equipment and mostly clothing. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete