Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

My grandson was here

My grandson Liam was here for a few hours today - Steve dropped him off and Meg picked him up later.  His sitter was suffering from a migraine at the last minute.  He doesn't start school until September so needed to be with someone for a few hours.  Meg works part-time and I knew I'd only have to "play dinosaurs" for a while.  We also looked up questions on the internet and watched a NOVA repeat of "What's bigger than T-Rex" on my computer.   I have a huge puzzle of the world with magnetic pieces, and he wanted to do the puzzle today.  He knows an amazing amount about geography for a 4 (soon to be 5) year old!  I think he is very familiar with the places where dinosaur fossils have been located - Mongolia, China, Germany, England, Russia, Argentina, etc., and of course Montana, Wyoming and Utah!  It boggles my mind observing and listening to him.

We drove to the Park clubhouse where I parked the car, and then we walked the short distance over to In-and-Out-Burger.  I didn't have his car seat so I figured I'd be ok if I kept to the private roads of the Park.  The traffic at In & Out is so heavy I was worried if someone hit me and I didn't have him in a child carrier, I could be in trouble.  He wanted to bring the burger & fries home, and I ate half the fries.  Their food is pretty good for a hamburger place but I still don't like eating out.  I haven't had a chance to go to replenish my food supplies because of the heat, and didn't have anything suitable for lunch.

Tomorrow I see my opthamologist and as my vision is getting much worse I will be glad to see what he has to say.  The chiropractor says the bones in my neck that are also giving me trouble with my heart are interfering with the optical nerve as well.    I think I will get relief on both counts, but all in good time.  Not much happens overnight, and I'm happy with the fact that I'm seeing such good results.  I need new reading glasses, but since I got a pair for distance early this year before taking my driver's test, I'm sure my insurance won't pay for another pair of glasses this year.  I'll have to see what I might have to pay for new lenses only.

There are programs I like on the Science channel today although I think I've seen some of them before.  I didn't like Science when I was in school, but I sure love to learn about it now.  I hate it that I wasted so much time when I was young and learned things so quickly.

The weather is better today, "only" in the 90's, but the haze and smoke from all the fires is giving a lot of people respiratory distress.  I haven't noticed that it's bothering me, although it might and I just don't realize it.  What you don't know can't hurt you, as they used to say.  Of course that's not true!

3 comments:

  1. What fun to have such a bright grandson come visit. Too bad our children and grandchildren never benefit from our wisdom about how we wasted so much time in our youth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just get a couple of pairs of reading glasses at Wal-Mart or the Dollar Store. They are throw-aways and of course since my eye sight is not equal in both eyes, I try to find a pair that does some help to both eyes. Right now, my one eye has a film under the implants put in after cataract surgery. Only takes a second to do and makes a big difference. They use a laser and zap it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be fun to have him come visit and be so well informed about his favorite subject.

    I buy my readers at the Dollar Tree the Dr. said it was just fine to do. Since I have them all over the house it's a nice cheap way to not be looking for them all the time.

    ReplyDelete