Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

On again, off again

Yesterday I was relieved to get a call from the Med Center telling me I could have the gastro procedure (ERCP) on this coming Monday at 2pm.  I hate afternoon surgeries because that's too long to fast, but I want to get it over with.  In talking to the scheduler I again clarified that I would be getting a total anesthetic, and she said Oh no, you will be under a twilight sleep.  Nothing doing.  I woke up in the middle of the night freaked out about it and realized I could never go through with it, so I wrote the doctor to inform him.  This morning I heard from the doctor as well as the scheduler, who told me they found an anesthesiologist who could be there at 3 pm Monday.  Yeah, I'll take it, and fast a little longer.  I am 100% certain the doctor told me it would be done under total anesthesia, and I clarified the point several times to make sure.  Do they thing older people are senile and can't remember anything?

The only hitch is that the doctor's last surgery for the day is at 2 pm, and the matter is dependent on whether he will stay for a 3 pm gig.

I think I made an error in my post about REI's dividend program.  I get much more than 2% of my purchases back at the end of the year - more like 10%.  If I were to get an REI Visa card, I would also get 2% of purchases charged to the card along with my dividend.  I am not disciplined enough to handle more than one credit card!

In talking about my trip planning for the fall, I realize it will be a problem to find a suitable campsite, so I will probably stay in motels over the Labor Day weekend.  I stop early enough in the day it shouldn't be a problem - also, without having to find a place to accept a dog I will have much more choice where to stop.  I am so looking forward to the trip I'm planning to take with Jeannie and her family in the latter part of July, and then my "big one" in August.

I don't know what happened to the font on yesterday's blog - when I published it, it seems to go back and forth with two different size fonts.  Blogger!!!

For being so hot during the day it gets cold at night, and at 10:30 am I'm still sitting around in a sweatshirt.  It looks like Friday and Saturday will be in triple digits.  

Just got a call about scheduling my gall bladder op.  The doctor told me to call and schedule it 2 wks after the ERCP, but now I'm told it will be a pre-op visit and that they will then schedule the surgery down the road.  When this is all over with I am seriously thinking about switching to another doctor and another system, although I'm sure they are all the same.  I don't need this kind of stress in my life, and they don't seem to care.  They are probably thinking the same thing about me because I can be a PITA, but it's my Medicare and my Blue Cross that they are making money from.

  

6 comments:

  1. bummer, Gypsy... glad you have upcoming trips planned to keep the fun juices flowing.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure hope you get your procedure schedules the way you want them. My experience has been there there little is any customer service in the medical field. It is all about them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! you got what you wanted! Kinda! Is blogger a swear word now? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! you got what you wanted! Kinda! Is blogger a swear word now? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness you have these trips to look forward to with all this medical inefficiency.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's do some calculat'n here. Two weeks after your EDCP or what ever, you are scheduled to visit the doc so he can schedule the operation. What the hell??? I'm think'n that puts the op somewheres in July.....when did ya say your family trip was planned?

    My doc over in Deming tried that on me one time. Schedule some stuff when I was go'n on a trip. Then I reminded him he could be replaced an' somebody else would get all the insurance money. I was scheduled a appointment in two days. It was minor stuff so's it didn't matter one way or the other to me if I was "scheduled" or not. I was go'n on a trip.

    ReplyDelete