Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Who can figure?

I have about one week left until my cable tv is cancelled, and lo and behold I again have the Science Channel.  DirecTV removed it from my service, then told me it was in another package and I would have to pay additional to get it.  So I get a week of watching one of my favorite channels - at least I like to watch it when they present actual science programs, meaning to me, astronomy.  Mostly the tv is off and I don't want to get re-addicted to it.

I am going crazy waiting for the results of all those tests I have taken.   I also wrote my doctor about another B-12 shot.  I didn't jump up and down with energy after the last one, but I think I was able to stay awake more.  It's worth trying it again.

I'm starting to get more spam comments.  Fortunately, blogger catches them but I eventually have to go delete them from the spam folder.  What do you think these spammers get out of it?  They usually start out with a paragraph of nonsense and then a link to something, no doubt something they are trying to sell.  If they would work half as hard at a real job as they do trying to corrupt our blogs, society would be a lot better off.  And if blogger catches nearly all of it and it is never made public, what's the point?

I just went to the grocery to buy more 1/2 & 1/2.  The bill was $37+!  I did buy some dark chocolate and just a couple other items, but I should have gotten out of there for $10 or 15.

Now I'm tired and a short nap is what I need.  I just hope I remember to take my laundry off the clothesline in a couple of hours.  It's a damn shame when a load of laundry is my main accomplishment for one day.



8 comments:

  1. Had to laugh at that expensive 1/2 & 1/2 you bought! I do the same thing. Walmart around the corner. Amazing how much a dozen eggs or a loaf of bread can cost! I hope you come out happy and healthy from all the medical stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My B-12 shots don't make me jump up and down with energy either. But if I miss one in about two weeks I really really notice it by being so tired. That has to be the most expensive 1/2 and 1/2 I've ever heard of. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's how Walmart does it. Everybody goes in for one thing they know has a good price and then VOILA they have a cart full of "bargains". You go in expecting to spend $12 and come out having spent $72 and the members of the Sam Walton family are millionaires. Laundry is all I got done yesterday. And today I got even less done. I take B-12 tabs maybe I should go for the shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You worry too dad gum much bout them spam thingys. Blogger catches them, nobody sees them an' they don't mess up your blog.

    I'm surprised you don't have all the movie channels this close to shut down. Directv did that to me one time try'n to get me to stay on.

    Have to laugh at how much us old folks will pay for half & half. Very seldom do I get out of Walmart under a hunnert dollar bill. Stuff just keep pile'n up in my cart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think doing a load of laundry is a major accomplishment. !

    Have you told me why you allow anonymous comments?

    back in the olden days... doctor told my Mother to cut up in tiny bits ... beef liver ~ raw.

    Glad they have B12 shots these days. he didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one load of laundry ahead of my accomplishments today. I'm going food shopping tomorrow. Guess I'd better just accept that I'll spend near $100. I am stocking up on almost everything. I'll start at CostCo, though that is another large chunck of change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when my husband would complain to the cable company about the missing channels. We would occasionally have access to some channels, then they would go away. They want you addicted to these channels and are hoping that you will want to sign up for these channels again. A total rip-off. No TV for me, I miss the weather channel, only, because I am currently on an island during hurricane season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do have been having a problem with spam comments. I finally changed my setting so I need to approve all comments before they are posted. It doesn't take much time and I don't have a bunch of nonsense posted on my blog. Maybe you could look into it. It may help.

    ReplyDelete