Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Chip off the old block!

Steve and Liam came by this morning, and he offered to replace the carpeting on my steps.  When it really started to look good he offered to do the porch if I get more carpeting.

Liam came with his tool belt around his waist, and it so funny to watch him mirror every move his dad made.  When Steve would hammer a nail, Liam would find something to hammer with his own little "Black & Decker" hammer.  Before the new carpet could go on Steve had to replace the rotten wood in the steps, and it's now looking pretty good.
Click on the photos to enlarge.


Steve had a Sharpie behind his ear and when he set it down it wasn't long before Liam picked it up.


Break time!  Daddy was enjoying a cold one and we noticed that every time the can went up to his lips, Liam pretended he was doing the same thing.  I told Steve, "Boy, you'd better be careful what you do from now on!"



Here are the carpeted steps, and as soon as I can get to Lowe's I'll get more carpet for the porch.


 

Steve got payment for all the work he did when I showed him the offending camp cot.  He said "You're gonna hate me for this." and immediately inserted both sides of the leg into the slots.  I couldn't believe how easy he made it look.  Guys!!!  God love 'em.

I'm worn out from a day of work!

8 comments:

  1. You got two wonderful helpers there. I wonder wich one did the most work. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes there's a redeeming reason we raised those kids! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute blog. Kids will do EVERYTHING you do, just give them a chance.

    The steps looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Liam is such a sweetie. I loved the marker behind the ear. They don't miss a trick do they. The steps are looking great. Sure glad Steve was able to help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great of Steve and Liam to come help you out. AND provide such great entertainment. What cuties they both are. I know just having them around would cheer me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read your last 3 posts and decided to comment here. Looks like your camping trip was a little lonesome for you I know how much you missed Lady. I hope when you get your gallbladder taken care of maybe you will feel like getting another dog. Your steps look so nice and it is adorable how Liam is mimicking his Dad's every more.
    I hope all this medical stuff gets behind you soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even at four months ... Charlie watches his Dad's every move !!! soooocute

    Liam is adorable ... Loved reading this Gypsy ;)

    ReplyDelete