Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, May 13, 2013

Packing

Packing up for camping, not "packing" packing.  I spent a couple of frantic hours searching for my tent poles and finally found them.  Anything that will be ok sitting in a warm car until tomorrow is crossed off the numerous lists I've made and packed away, and I think I'm pretty well supplied.  If I'm missing anything I can pick it up when I turn off I-5.

Meals are going to be the boil in bag type.  I used some Mountain House meals last year and they are surprisingly good although usually too much for me to finish.  I even have a Raspberry crumble dessert that can be fixed in and eaten out of the bag.  I'm going strictly for convenience this first trip of the year.  Tomorrow morning I'll wash and pack some fresh fruit for my breakfasts--blueberries, blackberries, cherries, and bananas.  I usually sprinkle some sugar on the fruit but decided I don't want to bother taking a small amount of sugar with me, so I'll try it without.  If I can actually like adding some decaf to my regular coffee beans and drinking a non-alcoholic beer once in a while (still got my Miller's though), I guess I can do without sugar on the breakfast fruit.

I reached the department that will be doing gallbladder & bile duct procedures, and they were shocked I hadn't been scheduled yet, as the referral was labeled "Urgent".  That was about 8:30 this morning and this afternoon I still haven't heard back from them.  I think something is going on that I'm not being told, so I will just try to forget about it and enjoy my camping experience.  I'm feeling pretty good right now.  It is really strange how I am being treated, but what the hell, I can surely wait to have a camera stuck down my throat.  My list of questions to ask if I ever get the chance begins with: "Will I be completely anesthetized?"  Sedated won't do!

It will be warm at my camping place I'm afraid - right now it's hot in Sacramento - in the 90's for a few days and dropping down to the high 70's by Thursday.  Same weather will apply to the campground.  I hope I can find a site that has some shade for most of the day.  I remember last year dragging my cooler and chair around every half hour or so to get out of the hot sun.

I haven't decided yet whether or not to take my computer, which means taking the Mifi, so I may not post until I get back.  In the meantime, have a great week.  


10 comments:

  1. Good on you, Gypsy... plan for fun. Not knowing a damn thing ... but I bet they're just negligent.

    My Mother had an 'urgent' appointment... she got there with my brother. It took him lifting her into the car ... getting her wheelchair out ... all the todoing they had to do to get her to the clinic.. she was NOT feeling well at all.

    Her regular doctor scheduled this. ONLY to be told when my brother went up to the reception desk to say they were there... that she was told sorry... but it wasn't written down? what???

    Her doctor was out of town. jeeeeeeezus christ... all sorts of apologies but I can tell you... I'm glad I wasn't aware of this until after the fact.

    I think that is disgraceful! I don't know what these clinics and doctors think sometime... not much obviously ~ that we're scared out of our wits not knowing stuff and waiting waiting waiting ... hate it

    so go and play and breathe in nature... I never put sugar on m'fruit! and I'm a fat person!... you can certainly eat luscious fruit without sugar...

    isn't that interesting. I would never even think of putting sugar to which I'm highly addicted on fruit. all your stuff sounds good.

    Take pictures and post how good the are ...

    I'm sending absolute good vibes your way ... you will have a wonderful time...

    {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ask for the propofol,-- that is considered anesthesia-- and will need to be scheduled with an anesthesiologist so plan for that if thats is what you want

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear you happy and planning for an outing. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time camping. Remember to live for today and forget about all that medical stuff while you're gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get out in the woods and enjoy yourself. Get you mink off the medical profession. They cause more pain and suffering than they cure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was completely put under for my endoscopy and a lady at the park had one done on Tues and she was too. I don't blame you. They have the short acting anesthesia so there is not reason why you shouldn't be. I am so excited you are going campiing. I can't wait to hear all about it. Urgent anymore I think means when I get around to it Pathetic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Medical centers are a mess. They were shocked and then didn't do anything. Typical. But I agree. Forget it and have a great time. The jerks will still be there when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My experience with doctors suggests that what they are not telling you is that they are clueless about what they are suppose to be doing and when;(

    Don't over think what they are not doing and enjoy the trip:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great time! Be safe and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am just so excited for you to be camping. Hope it cools off for you. Wish it would cool off for us also.

    ReplyDelete