Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Progress

Yesterday Jeannie offered to take me to Target and I jumped on the chance to get out.  We spent quite a while in Target and then stopped by Costco - didn't stay there long because by then the back of my right leg started hurting so badly that I was limping.  I'm glad to have gotten some badly needed exercise.

I felt pretty good this morning, especially knowing I was through with the antibiotic, so I started laundry.  The third load is across the street in the dryer - I think I'll stop there - I'm up to the towels and bed linens and they can wait until tomorrow or the next day.  I'm worn out!

I decided to write down everything I eat and count the calories.  As hard as I tried yesterday I only reached about 1,050 cal, and dropped to 108 this morning.  I'm going to start weighing myself just once a week so I don't get discouraged.  I sure feel better by the day although I'm  not ready for any serious exercise.

Several commenters have suggested that I take probiotics.  I tried them about a year and a half ago when I became so ill from what I thought was Valley fever.   They didn't agree with me at all and I hesitate to take them again.  I know there are so many different kinds, I should talk to someone who knows more about them such as the folks who work in the department at Sac. Food Co-op, or Whole Foods.  I'm going to try a small milkshake today but I have to be careful not to overdo anything or I will really throw my system out of whack.  I  just couldn't take anything else at this time.

When I saw my doctor last week I told her I didn't mean to be such a difficult patient.  She said "you aren't difficult, just pleasantly obstinate".   Before I knew it she dropped an order into my hand to get a pelvic scan.  That's the one where you have to drink water until your bladder is bursting, and then they do the scan.  After my experience in the hospital, I know it isn't my fault if I pee on the floor!  The worst part is having to drive to UCD Med Center and park in that awful, dark garage.  I'm determined to do it though - I need to get control back over my life.

Thanks again for all the supportive comments.  

9 comments:

  1. Get some plain yogurt, flavor it the way you like, and eat some through out the day. I buy plain yogurt and put honey in it and maybe some cereal. It is good, gives you pro-biotics, and gives you some delicious calories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to suggest what dizzz-dick said...try some good ORGANIC yogurt...maybe a vanilla flavored with your own fresh or frozen fruit on top...if you have a trader joe's they have a really good one in the large carton. Hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's trade for a few weeks, I lose weight and you gain. Hmmm too bad that does not work. I am trying desperately to lose weight for the good of my blood-pressure. Have given up ALL sweets which was very hard at first but now I don't even miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After taking lot of antibiotics its important to get the GOOD probiotics back into your colon for real! THEY help keep super bugs away. I hear they even have chewables now a days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with dizzy - yogurt and what ever you want in it. The French Vanilla is really good. Glad you're going to do what the doctor wants you to do. I know it's not fun or easy, but you do need to get everything taken care of. We love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a small cup of Yogurt every night after supper for desert. Even got to kinda like the darn stuff. By the way, I like your header photo. Keep fightin:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to eat yogurt after antibiotics and other times. The best to me is Greek yogurt. I like the strawberry. Sometimes I just swallow it whole to get it down if it starts to over whelm me. At least you haven't lost your sense of humor that is a good sign. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're getting better. I hope you can take boost. It's really good for keeping your weight or gaining.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are feeling some better. Hope it will continue. You have gotten lots of advice so I won't offer more. Just good wishes.

    ReplyDelete