Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, November 17, 2012

A tiring day

Jeannie picked me up at 8 am this morning and we made the trip downtown to my doctor.  I had bloodworm done plus X-rays.  I still have a small amount of fluid in my lungs, but I'm improving little by little.  I asked how long it would be before I felt good again, and was told it would be about a month.  At least I won't expect miracles in the meantime.  I'm doing a little better each day so I can deal with it.

Jeannie had her own crisis this morning but I didn't learn of it until we left the doctor's office.  She woke up in the early hours with blood sugars skyrocketing.  Normally she can adjust high sugars with insulin but it didn't work this time.  We went straight from my appointment to a clinic in Folsom where she was checked out.  They also offered to do a chest xray as she had been congested, and I told her I thought she should get it.  At least they will have a baseline in case she develops something further.  The sugar levels came down on their own, but then when she spoke with her diabetes doctor learned she should have gone to the emergency room.  How bizarre that we both could have died during the period of a week.  She uses an insulin pump and has to periodically change the port site, and no doubt had scar tissue built up that caused an issue with the normal insulin delivery.

Everyone has been bringing me food today, so I will be able to eat without the trouble of having to cook for a few days.  I will be so glad to take the last of the antibiotic pills tomorrow.  They work but have many side effects, such as sore muscles, nausea, and a lot more.

Starting tomorrow I am going to feel great!

11 comments:

  1. Listen to your doctors and get on the mend, we want to see you driving up the driveway here at the Ranch one of these days, also I see a black Lab male in your future who will be a service dog for you.Hold out for s nice Lab. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now take pro-biotics to get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like they say on the ads on TV, the medicine will either cure or kill you. The medicine they gave Jim to help the pain in his leg, sent his blood sugars completely out of whack. Sure hope both of you are doing better. Patience is the name of the game for you. I know it's hard though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you as you recover, Gypsy. I know for someone who is used to having so much energy, it's difficult. Better to rest now and get past it and back on your feet. I agree with Dizzy; pro-biotics go a long way to help when you are taking antibiotics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you as you recover, Gypsy. I know for someone who is used to having so much energy, it's difficult. Better to rest now and get past it and back on your feet. I agree with Dizzy; pro-biotics go a long way to help when you are taking antibiotics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there and get better.... Is the trip East off the schedule now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, when it rains it pours. Two people in the family with pneumonia, then a close call with Jeannie ' s diabetes. Thank goodness all the crises have ended well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, take the probiotics, and if things get slow, eat lots of prune. Natural is best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you guys have had the health issues that's for sure. Glad to hear you are getting better even if slowly. Antibiotics definitely do a number on all the bugs good and bad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Starting tomorrow I am going to feel great!"

    absofreakinlutely! c'mon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just sending good thoughts your way Gypsy.

    ReplyDelete