Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I am so embarrassed!

I didn't notice it until I went to bed last night, but I wore shoes from two different pairs all day long!  I love my Hafflingers clogs made of felt with cork soles, and have a pair in black and one in navy blue.  The navy pair have a pretty decorative edging, so while they are dark in color they still look different from the black ones.  Also, I got some paint on the black ones last year.  I didn't go out except to the grocery, but I feel that everyone must have noticed and just wrote me off as a senile old lady.

I'm back from my appointment with a doctor in the UCD Med system, this one being at a facility in Folsom.  It's wonderful to pull up to the building and park right outside the door, for free.

I underwent an endometrial biopsy, and some of you ladies will recognize that.  I think the problem they are looking at is a change in medication I went through about 15 months ago.     I went from a two brand name meds to a combination tablet that has one of the brands with the other being generic.  I never could take the generic form in the past and wouldn't have done it now except the insurance company informed me that my copay would be 85% if I continued with the brand name.  I'm going back to the old meds and just pay what I have to.

I am not ready to climb mountains, but I'm feeling so much better and more hopeful.  I'm going back to living my life!

By the way, I double checked my shoes before leaving the house today.

11 comments:

  1. I think that was nothing to be embarrassed about. When you go out with no shoes and just socks then we should all worry. LOL
    I'm so happy to hear you are still moving up that long hill. Keep us posted on the biopsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so bad, Gypsy. I once arrived at work in heels; one black and one navy blue AND two different sized heels! I discovered it when someone asked me what happened to my leg!!

    I may be under the wrong impression, but I thought if the doctor told Medicare that you could not have the generic drug that they would pay. I have my drugs through my private supplementary policy and that is their policy.

    Good luck with the biopsy. Went through all that years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good that they figured out one problem. I also have some limitations on name brand vs generic drugs. I do believe that in my case, if my doctor does say that I can only take the name brand, the coverage MIGHT be granted. It would be worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - I think if the doctor tells BC/BS (that's who you have isn't it?) that the generic isn't working they will cover it but with a larger co-pay. Definitely worth a try. I went to work one day with two different shoes on. So glad I worked behind a counter but boy did my co-workers give me grief.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So what is wrong with two different looking shoes? Seems like normal for my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Embarrassment is a one sided emotion and one sided emotions only affect you. So there is no reason to have them. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. More than once I've discovered at the end of the day that I've worn mismatched earrings all day. Not similar---really different. You would THINK my husband would have noticed and said something. Seems like putting on different shoes is just as easy to do. Guess we do things so automatically we don't check.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't hardly see the difference between black and blue shoes, so while I was working, I wrote the color on the bottom of the shoe with a waterproof felt tip marker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mismathced shoes? Nice to feel like a chippy young hippy again eh:))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha Ha! All of my shoes are white, do it doesn't matter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no comment ... just wanted to say hey and glad you're feeling better ... FYI ... if you wore flops all the time until yer toes got cold and put on your slides with toes then you could tell the difference because one foot would have cold toes and the other foot wouldn't... easy peasy

    ReplyDelete