Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, November 10, 2012

A quick note

I came home today, still feeling like crap, but home is home and I hope to finally get a bit of sleep tonight, if not all that much rest.

Being in a hospital on a machine that holds bags of various meds and fluids is really hard to deal with.  I had needles in so many places in both arms that I look dreadful until all those bruises go away.

I was standing yesterday, trying to unwrap all the lines and cords so I could walk with that contraption to the bathroom.  I spend a lot of time in coughing spasms (still), and as all the ladies will know that severe coughing causes a loss of bladder control.  There I am, trying to stop coughing and to get to the point where I can walk into the bathroom before having a serious accident.  Too late, I peed on the floor!

NO!  SHAME ON YOU, BAD DOG!  BARK WHEN YOU NEED TO GO OUT!

I'm too tired to hold my head up for much longer, so I'll be back in a day or so.  I am overwhelmed by all the beautiful wishes for my recovery, and I thank you all.  I also thank my children and their spouses for taking such great care of me.  And we didn't get rowdy enough to get evicted from the hospital when they all came to visit me the first night.  Of course I wasn't being very rowdy, myself.

19 comments:

  1. Good for you!! I would pee on the floor, too (grin). Glad you are back home. Now you can get better on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are back home. And also please thank your daughter for giving us "the low down" on why we hadn't heard from you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Well I just got caught up on your blog and there you are in the hospital, well out now. Hope they didn't kick you out too soon. Sounds like you need some rest along with your deep breathing and coughing. So very glad that you are feeling better and thanks to your daughter for posting for you. Rest, rest and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you are getting better. I was wondering what happened. Thank your Daughter for letting us know. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure it is great to be home, hope you get some solid rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pneumonia is a bugger! I never ever want to have it again! I can remember having to plan my trip to the girl's room because I had to lay-down and rest every ten feet or so on the way there and back to the bed. And coughing is good! Doesn't feel like but it is.

    You be patient with yourself and get well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get well Gypsy, we wouldn't be the same with out your thoughts and blessings here on the blogs... Pneumonia is a really nasty condition, so go slow and easy, but hey its an excuse to have some more of that really good cough medicine...LOL

    Rod and Loyce

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am so happy to hear that you are home. take it easy and mend. we love you so much. kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to see you back. Rest up and know I'm sending you thoughts of strength and wellness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's hard to get any rest in a hospital. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you are getting better, and a big thank you to your daughter for letting us know about everything that happened! We miss you when we don't hear, and we worry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending healing thoughts. Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you're home. You're sounding like yourself! Get well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you're home. Tell Jeannie thanks for letting us know what was happening. You'll be able to sleep better now that you're home. We're thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can tell you right now, you are not the first one of us to pee on the floor. Been there, done that. Being home feels so good after being in the hospital. Stay in bed and rest most of the day. Be sure to thank Jeannie for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  16. YES! Wonderful to know that you are home! Think of it this way---better to pee on the floor than in the bed!!! So glad things are lookin' up. We here are so much better when you are with us. And, yes, thank goodness Jeannie & the rest of your family are there to help.

    ReplyDelete
  17. YES, there's no place like home....glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you are back home. Continued wishes for a quick recovery..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahhhh so happy to hear from you ! Peeing on the floor are ya ... Well? at least your stuff's still working and that's a wonderful thing ;)

    ReplyDelete