Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Catching up

A few weeks ago when I really started feeling bad, I noticed the two vegetable drawers in the bottom of the fridge were really looking bad - inside the drawers as well as under them.  I remember asking Jeannie to get Joe to come over and clean the drawers in case anything happened to me.  I was only half joking - I'd hate for many people to see how bad I let it get.  Joe only lives a few blocks from me so he was the one to ask.

Well, I'm still alive and kicking, so today I tackled those drawers, and now they are spotless and look really good.  I should have cleaned the entire fridge, but I don't feel THAT great!  I buy a lot of fresh vegetables and usually the drawers are full enough I don't see through to the bottom - just keep bringing new stuff home and trying to fit it into the drawers. 

Then I had to keep going and clean the kitchen floor - I moved everything out of about 1/3 of the kitchen and am writing this while waiting for it to dry so I can continue.  Then that is it for my efforts today.

I am feeling the need to get out for a while, so I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner at my youngest sister's house.  My other sister is coming up from the Bay area, so it will be nice to get together and there will no doubt be way too much food.  I hope I can sample most of it.

A number of commenters suggested I eat yogurt.  I will have to say I find the taste of ALL yogurt to be extremely vile and would rather take medicine which I can wash down with a glass of water.  I have tried it plain, flavored, with fruit, in a shake, etc., and just plain can't stand it.

As for probiotics, I think I mentioned I got some a year or so ago but they just didn't agree with me.  There are so many kinds on the shelf that I wouldn't have a clue which one to pick, and I obviously selected the wrong one for me.  I'm eating as much as I can without getting too full, and trying to keep track of the calories which is really difficult.  I can see why I've never been able to gain weight - all the things I love and eat the most aren't high in calories, with the exception of ice cream or sweets once in a while.  I just have to accept I'll probably always look like someone on a third world poster.  To me ultra skinny is ugly, ugly, ugly, and I will always wish I could be plump and curvy!  In the words of Mick Jagger, "Ya cain't always get what you want".

12 comments:

  1. It seems that the bottom drawers are always the ones needing cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a few extra pounds I'd be willing to send you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I"m saying this but at this age I'm glad I'm not skinny. Years ago I would have loved to be skinny! Do you eat pasta? Something like pasta alfredo has a lot of calories.

    Glad you're getting some energy back but cleaning YUK!

    Glad you're getting out for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great you're getting together with your sisters, have fun!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a wonderful and filling thanksgiving. Have seconds and thirds! Enjoy your sisters. I envy you all. I always wanted a sister or two or three. It seemed so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry, I've got a sister I will give you, but you can't give her back once she wears out her welcome. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish they could put us in a bag and shake us up ... I got about 50 pounds you can have... full of pie pounds...

    I also wanted sisters... I got two mean ol big brothers... that's why I don't do Thanksgiving 'at home'... bah

    haaaa Judy... giving away your sister .. shameful.. HAHaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to hear that you are doing better with family close by. Hope that you can pack away some calories with the holidays coming up.
    Have you tried Greek yogurt? It doesn't have that bite to it. I wll some times just add it to other foods to make them creamy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great Turkey Day and pack on a few pounds with all the stuffing, gravy, and PIE!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Old Blog Name) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    (New Blog Name) RVing: This Country Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving Gypsy. I hope you were able to have a wonderful day and eat something you enjoyed. I don't like the taste of yogurt either that is why I told you I swallow it as soon as I take a bite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being an ice cream eater, I didn't much like Yogurt either years ago but now I eat Yogurt every day & love the darn stuff. Flavored that is & I think my favorite is Vanilla. But remember, I'm the guy who does not like any kind of seafood so there must be some kind of a taste bud difference between us. Hope you can make the turn back to an adventuress & energetic lifestyle again.....

    ReplyDelete