Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, November 9, 2012

Hello,

This is Gypsy's daughter, Jeannie.  She wanted me to post a note to let everyone know what's going on with her.  She is currently in the hospital, but fortunately, on her road to recovery.  We went to see her regular doctor on Wednesday, and she was diagnosed with severe bronchitis, and sent home with antibiotics. She had a chest x-ray done, and they said they would call with the results.  On Thursday, we received a call that the x-ray showed the beginning stages of pneumonia. By then, she was feeling much worse, and her cough was horrible.  I took her to the emergency room, where they did a series of tests and informed us that in addition to the bronchitis, she had pneumonia in both lungs, a urinary tract infection, was severely dehydrated, and was also suffering from sepsis, a life threatening condition, where the entire body has a severe reaction to bacteria.  They said we got there just in time and that if it had been any later, all of her organs would have started to shut down very soon and very quickly.  They immediately put her on IV antibiotics and fluids, and fortunately, she started to improve significantly.  After about 4 hours, they retested her blood, and it showed that her lactic acid level had dropped to below the threshhold for sepsis.  She continues to improve, and no longer has to worry about sepsis...a huge relief!  They have her doing breathing treatments, which is also helping with the pneumonia.  Today, the doctor said that she is recovering remarkably, and he may change her to oral antibiotics on Saturday, and she will likely be released on Sunday. Our family feels so blessed that she is recovering so quickly and is going to be ok.  She is so dear to us, and we are happy that she will be around to celebrate another birthday next week!! It may be a few days before she feels up to blogging again, but she did want to let all of her blogging friends know why she hasn't had any posts recently. Please keep her in your thoughts. I know she really appreciates all of the support, friendship, and encouragement she receives from the blogging community.  Thank you.

27 comments:

  1. Please tell Gypsy she is in our prayers! I know she doesn't really know me, but I read her blog every day. Thanks for posting to let us know she's been sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting us know. All of us in blogland will be having Gypsy in our thoughts. A speedy recovery is my wish for you, Marty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO sorry to hear you have been ill and glad to hear you are responding so well to the treatment! Hope you get home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for letting us know. I had just said aloud, I wonder what's happening with Gypsy. She comments on my blog and I on hers and she hadn't posted or commented in an unsually long time. And then I saw your post.

    I wish you the very best Gypsy. Back on your feet and well as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you for letting us know! I will put Martha in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you caught it just in time. I wish her a speedy recovery and thank you for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please tell her she is in my prayers. And can't wait to see her blogging again...Soon!! Thanks for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the update.

    Please tell Marty that she is in our thoughts & prayers. We are glad that she finally went to the doctor and that you took her to the ER. We are looking forward to seeing her again in our future travels.

    Give her a big hug from me & Mac.
    Mac & Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my goodness, worried when we did not hear anything since 11-3. So glad she is improving & getting better daily. Thinking of her and praying things continue on the upward and onward road!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the update! Please tell her we miss her and her blogs and to get to feeling better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We will be waiting with open arms for her return.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for letting us know. Gypsy is being prayed for by lots of her friends, including me, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Jeannie! I'm glad she finally got a diagnosis. I know she was feeling really terrible. Give her our love and tell her we're all thinking about her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. Thanks so much for posting this, Jeannie! I was worried about your mom; emailed her last week. She answered the day you went with her and discovered the bronchitis. She is one wonderful lady. And, I can understand why she is mighty appreciative of her daughter. Told me she couldn't make it without you!! Will be glad to see her posting here again. Take care. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for posting this. I had a feeling this last while something may have been amiss. Fewer posts, fewer comments. Tell your Mom AL & The Bayfield Bunch wish her all the best for a speedy recovery:))

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry to hear about her problems knowing that she wanted to hit the road again. Tell her to get better real soon. She will be in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear this but glad she is getting better. Please let her know she is in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Jeannie for letting us know. We love your Mom so you be sure to give her a big hug from us. I am so grateful that the sepsis was caught in time and she is making such a great recovery. Let her know that we'll all be waiting to hear from her when she feels up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am glad your mom is doing better and glad she has you to help her. My thoughts and prayers are with her. Get well soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tell Gypsy we are thinking and praying for her.Wish she gets well soon, My wife is very susceptible to pneumonia, has had it several time, don't take any chances. get lots of rest. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great to hear she got help in time and is recovering:) She is in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whew! What a relief to finally hear something - and good news at that. Been checking every day for a post from one of my favorite bloggers! Best wishes, Marty, for a speedy recovery. We'll all be waiting for your return! ;->

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  23. thans for the report, Glad to hear she is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the update. Get well soon, Marty.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Glad to hear she is getting better.She doesn't know me ,but I read her blog every day also.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Funny how blogging becomes a community and when we don't see someone for a couple of days, we worry. I was very glad to see your post and know that Gypsy is doing well.

    We did lose a blogger friend, today (tomorrow, really), after a long and difficult battle with COPD--Sherry. My heart goes out to her husband, Charlie, and her wonderful kids who kept us informed of her illness.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm not on the blogs much these days, but I check in once in awhile and Gypsy has alway been a favorite of mine. This morning was one of those times I checked in...and sad to hear Gypsy has been ill and in the hospital. Get well soon Gypsy. We miss you and love you dearly. *Tricia

    ReplyDelete