Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Where has the day gone

I've spent the day painting primer in the hallway. I thought it would be quick and easy but it was anything but. It wasn't like a straight length of wall or ceiling but was broken into many little sections divided by little molding strips. I'll be glad to get to the rest of the living room after two more coats of paint on this hallway.

I will have to get up before daylight tomorrow to get ready for my 8:40 a.m. appointment with the eye surgeon. I'm looking forward to seeing him and getting a measure of my progress, but I swear at won't ever make an appointment that early again.

The past week has been pledge week on the local PBS station, and I'm now watching a program with Victor Borge. I had forgotten how funny that man was and also how talented. I pledged last Sunday during a program of folk music from the late 50's and into the 60's. Many of the original singers came back, really showing their ages, of course. I had forgotten the names of most of the groups but knew just about every word of most of the songs.

I thought I was cold this morning on Lady's walk, and got even colder when I got back and found it was 28F. The temp did rise to about 51F later on in the day, and I hope most of the winter is this mild. Yeah, right!

7 comments:

  1. It is very cold here to. We took a quick walk the first time out as Fred is not a fan of cold and yesterday it was pouring down rain, which he doesn't like at all.
    Hope you are happy with the Dr. visit tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking good, and wow what an accomplishment with all that painting. Good luck with the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love folk music, also. When I was in college, Hootenanny (the TV Show) filmed an eppisode on our campus. I think the Kingston Trio was one group that performed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cold night's and early mornings are one of the few things I dislike about the southwest and there just doesn't seem to be any way of getting away from it in the areas we prefer to travel. Keep up your great painting efforts Rembrandt:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peter, Paul and Mary were my favorite folk singers. Now just Peter and Paul host those PBS fund drives...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like things are moving right along on your new home. Ours was just recently remodled so, just basic cleaning is all it will need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen those shows too. Even within the last week, were several on PBS. I recorded them the first time i saw them, a few years ago.
    GL with ur doc.

    ReplyDelete