Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Enough painting - it's Miller Time!

I finally got two coats of ceiling paint applied, and will do the first coat on the walls tomorrow. I'm tired and glad to sit down with a Miller High-Life. No Lite beer for me, Sam, I like the hi-test stuff!

Is it really the 1st of December? I can't believe how fast life goes by the older you get. For an old lady I think I've accomplished all I can expect to in the two months I've been in this house. I don't know what made me think it would take about 2 weeks!

The wind has been as bad the past 2 days as I remember it was in Arizona last year. I think it should be dying down by tomorrow. The sun is bright though, and the temps mild. Can't ask for everything, and I have just about everything I could ever want.

I jut got the reminder call from my eye surgeon's office about my appointment this coming Monday. That will be 3 weeks, and I am doing much better this time than the last. I don't remember driving so soon for one thing. Not that I drive all that much - a couple blocks to the grocery, a mile to Home Depot, etc. My appointment on Monday is at 8:40 am. What was I thinking when I made that appointment. I get up early but get dressed and moving much later, plus I will have to drive in the traffic.

I watched a show on the History channel last night that suggested aliens may have visited the earth several thousand years ago to instruct the earth people. That always irritates me. A number of years back the accepted theory was that the Egyptians somehow visited South and Central America to teach them how to build pyramids and cities. I always thought maybe the Indians of the Americas went to Egypt to teach them how to build things. Why is it that whoever writes this stuff can't see that there were probably some very advanced civilizations in the past. Someday people may look on the ruins of our own civilization and wonder who taught us to do the things we do.

Now to think of something quick and easy to fix for supper. I think a couple of egg burritos is about as quick and easy as I can get.

6 comments:

  1. yeah for miller time!!! especially after a long day of painting ;)...enjoy and good luck with the walls tomorrow...I found your blog yesterday and spent last evening back tracking and reading :) now I can't wait to see your new place all finished ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had an apple, some raisins, and two Mary Janes for dinner. Can't get any easier than that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAhaaasa .... I dunno ... I kinda like the alien theory... they left some here - I know they did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you realize just how much you've accomplished so far. And you definitely enjoy that Miller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the end of the day for me now it's a tall cold glass of skim milk with a healthy dash of peach/strawberry/banana juice thrown in to spice things up. And yep, I'll go along with the advanced civilizations alright.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for YOU! A ceiling is hard to do, holding ur arms up and looking up. Can't wait for the pics. I painted over dark paneling too, and wow, what a difference in brightness.

    ReplyDelete