Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, December 3, 2011

The color of my living room

This is what I worked on yesterday. I find that the colors never show as they should be with this camera, but I have also taken some pictures with film, and if they turn out better I will post them another day. The green is actually much more green that it shows up in the photo. There are hooks at either side of the top of the green inset, and a wire hanger across the back of the needlepoint, and I think I will buy small gold chain links and hang the picture from both those hooks. I'm not sure how to do it but have it in my mind, so I hope it works. Right now the picture sits on the bottom ledge, but it will eventually be centered.

The couch will also be centered on that wall and under the picture and I think it will look better once I get the rest of the furniture back into the room. Everything I do is predicated on something else happening, so it seems to me that I'm just moving things around haphazardly, but I'm really not.

The second photo is for comparison. The coffee table is on the other side of the room temporarily, still being used as a catch-all. It will take me a day to clear it off and put everything away!





Now I'm washing the walls and ceiling in the hallway, which is dark and narrow, and which I think will look much better when I get a couple coats of yellow paint on it! That will leave the larger half of the living room and the kitchen. I can probably accomplish one or the other by Christmas but I dread tackling the kitchen.

The electric range will be delivered next week. I need to find out if they will haul the old one away and then find someone to disconnect the old one. I know they haul away old dishwashers but nothing in the advertising on the website mentions removal of ranges. I will bake salmon in the old oven this evening and then that's it. I hope I never have to use that yukky appliance again.

I think you guys who are wintering in Arizona are having much more fun than I am at the moment.

14 comments:

  1. I think the yellow makes the room much more inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The living room is going to be very nice when finished. Very homey. Enjoy your salmon dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of the colors look great. The rooms look lovely. Good choices!!

    Sherry
    www.directionofourdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love yellow... bright and cheery! supposed to be the color for happiness...

    I moved into an apartment at one point when I was yucked out and filled it with yellow balloons... not kidding... even hung a yellow poster board from Hobby Lobby on the wall....

    Here's a website... kinda fun
    http://www.crystal-cure.com/yellow.html

    excerpt... yellow

    "Yellow symbolizes wisdom. Yellow means joy and happiness. People of high intellect favor yellow. Yellow daffodils are a symbol of unrequited love. Sunday's color is yellow-gold."

    So see... you're intelligent and wise... ;) as am I... wish it paid better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That yellow makes the room look so bright and cheery. And it will definitely make a difference in your hallway. Coming along nicely. It's cold and rainy down here in AZ so I'm not sure we're having much in the way of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure you should ever invite the old owner back to the house, because she would want it back again......


    Good luck with the stove.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yellow works for me. In fact, any color works for me. Every time I see a white wall I just want to hurry up and paint a color on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Bayfield I love color. Everyone should have color in there house.

    Yes it is cold and raining here in AZ and we are under a freeze watch. So I think you are the one having fun. :}

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love what you have done with the place! about the stove disconnection... i believe the utility company offers a service that will help. i believe they come out to disconnect gas appliances. i know they even came out to light the pilot light in our boiler when we were in santa clara. it can't hurt to check out anyway.
    hope it works out easily for you.
    love,
    jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gypsy,

    Couldn't get your profile to come up so will thank you here for your note. Love the color of your living room. As you already know, I have several blogs that I read, but yours and Judie's have always been my two favorites. I feel a kinship toward you both, and hope to get back to reading you all the time. I have certainly enjoyed knowing you,via internet,and still hope one day to meet in person.

    Again, thanks, Pidge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tried to go to the web site Carolyn put here, but won't work,,just letting you know. Wish it did.
    Think i already told you, fav color is yellow or green.
    My g/dotter just painted her dining/living area yellow too! And the hall way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your home looks wonderful. Hard work paid off! I love yellow. I have one bedroom in almost the same color you painted.

    Two years ago I planted 400 daffodils in my front yard and they were a sight to behold when they came up last spring. I planted them because I remembered them in Dr. Zhivago, one of my favorite books and movies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your home looks wonderful. Hard work paid off! I love yellow. I have one bedroom in almost the same color you painted.

    Two years ago I planted 400 daffodils in my front yard and they were a sight to behold when they came up last spring. I planted them because I remembered them in Dr. Zhivago, one of my favorite books and movies.

    ReplyDelete