Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, December 26, 2011

Stove is hooked up

I had a wonderful Christmas day with family, and this morning before going back to Monterey my son Steve & family came by so he could switch out the electric range for the gas one. Joe also dropped by with one of his daughters and helped carry out the old one.

The stove: The yellow cast must be from the lights. It is just perfect for me - dials for 4 burners and the oven, and lights for each to indicate whether they are turned on. I might need that little reminder. No digital clocks or anything hi tech - just the stove I wanted.


Steve and apprentice:


The little helper:



Liam got a 46 piece Black and Decker tool set for Christmas, plus the tool belt. Ya gotta start them out young!

I also received a range hood for Christmas plus a couple of Home Depot gift cards which will enable me to get the dishwasher soon. My car was loaded down with presents when I returned home.

11 comments:

  1. Is Liam cute or what!? HAhaaaaa.... I remember those little tool sets.

    sooooo cute

    Love your stove and the yellow... I really do. I'm considering painting the paneling in this old house as you did... We were thinking of just taking it off...

    The motel room I stayed in in Port Aransas was yellow ... I like the soft yellow - thought of you - ;)

    It still felt very nice even though it was a bit too yellow ... cheery - I like cheery

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stove sure fits snugly into the cupboards. Know what you mean by all the extra and unnecessary hi tech stuff they seem to want to stick on everything these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My great nephew also got a tool set (at 10 months old) from his grandfather so he can practice. His grandfather says they're going into business LOL!

    Love your little stove. Things are coming together for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too prefer an electric stove to a gas one, but I really liked the glass top stove I had before I hit the road. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Christmas present - a stove that works and isn't covered in grime. Liam is such a cutie pie. Todd had a tool belt like that when he was little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. See it's coming right along. Glad for you. What a cute kid,,,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you gypsy. Just keep it simple. No bells no whistles just a stove.

    Love the little helper and his 46 piece tool set. Good grief I must be getting really old. What happened to the old peg set with hammer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stove is beautiful, and a perfect fit, you must be feeling pretty good about it.

    Liam is a real doll, he's going to be a good helper when he grows up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Liam is so cute. Looks like maybe he was thinking about fixing the door bell?
    I like your new stove. Clean and no gadgets. I prefer gas but up at the Tin Can Cabin I have electric. It's staying too. :)
    Enjoy your new stove.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing a great job getting your new place fixed up...just the way you want it.

    ReplyDelete