Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, December 9, 2011

The floor is finished!

Donald came over this afternoon and finished the bedroom floor. I will still have to buy baseboard and have it put down, but that can wait as far as I'm concerned. The floor looks wonderful, and I'm now willing to start putting things in their proper place. I ended up with a complete package of flooring, plus a near-complete package that had mostly damaged planks in it. I am going to try to return the full one and get a credit on the partial. There is also a complete roll of underlayment, and I hope to get some money back.

I wrote an email to Home Depot to tell them about the delivery of my stove without letting me know when I could expect it, and it subsequently sitting on my porch all week. I heard back from them today expressing their apologies and offering me a $45 gift card. I accepted the card, and hope that it plus the money back on unused and unusable flooring will take a chunk out of the cost of a range hood, or even a dishwasher. I don't want to order anything online again for a while even though I know mistakes can happen in the stores as well as online. All in all, I really like Home Depot.

Donald moved the stove inside the house for me after he finished the floor. It was double boxed and strapped to the wooden pallet, so by the time he got it down to one box it came through the door easily so that we didn't have to remove the stationary door. The next job will be to pull out the old stove and cap off the gas line. I won't be in a great hurry to get the electric wired in, as I can use the microwave and slow cooker if necessary.

The girls came over with Donald so when they tired of coloring pictures we watched cartoons. Autumn asked me if I watch cartoons when they aren't here, and I had to tell her no I don't. They like to snack when they are here because they know what I keep on hand for them. They always start out with wanting grapes, because Nana always has grapes in the fridge. The grapes are wonderful this time of year, and I will get a new supply tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Yummm grapes....fresh grapes! Congrats on the floor! It's always nice to have something new and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ". Autumn asked me if I watch cartoons when they aren't here, and I had to tell her no I don't."

    LOL.... love it... aren't they precious.

    I keep grapes also.

    How do I read your Ireland posts? I don't see your archives...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We like Home Depot too. Never had a bad experience with them. We also go to Lowes, but don't like them as well. We have "Farm Stores" in this area, and we love them. They sometimes carry things that the others don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't watched cartoons for years but if there were only two choices on TV between cartoons and one of those silly reality shows...I would much prefer to watch cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are known for grapes, and I am known for honey roasted pecans. Together we'd get grape nuts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear ur floor is almost totally done.
    I did without a stove for a long time, and my Mom loaned me a hot plate, just in case,,,lol. to go with the toaster/oven, microwave. I think i used it once, but it is an option.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea, the stove arrived! It will be nice to get your kitchen completed.

    My wonderful son-in-law is a life-long employee of Home Depot, and I always buy there if possible to support him. I like the good service I get at any of their stores. If I have a question in advance of a shopping trip, I call Matt and he always knows the answer.

    Grandkids always want to know what treats Grandmas have. We usually have stuff they don't have at home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your floor.
    Now the stove is inside you don't have to worry about anyone getting off with it!
    I just had a 2-burner hot plate for a long time, along with crock-pot, chef's kettle and the like. You will do fine.
    I am surprised, most cooks prefer cooking with gas. In France you can have the best of both worlds, the cook tops are gas and the ovens are electric.
    Will you have to have a larger electric service to your trailer now?
    Happy Tails, and Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete