Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, December 5, 2011

Eye doctor visit

The eye surgeon is very pleased with my progress and will follow up in a month. He asked me to be patient as it has only been 3 weeks, and I realize I've come a long way and can wait a little longer for improved vision. I'll be glad when I can read regular print again. Many people have suggested books on tape, but they put me to sleep in no time at all. I'll just wait and be thankful for what I am able to do right now.

The only other thing I did today was to paint the hall ceiling. I began early enough that I could apply a second coat today. Tomorrow I'll start on the walls. That is what takes the time.

Here is a "before" and "after".

Before:



After:


This is taken at the end of the hallway and shows how cut up and oddly shaped this space is. The ceiling wasn't a problem, but the walls are cut up with molding strips and other oddities.



I have moved a chair back to the living room. With the coffee table it sort of looks more crowded than I'd like. Also, the tray table will be replaced with a very nice end table that I have stored at Jeannie's house and hope to bring here this week. As I said, the coffee table has become a "catch-all" while I'm working. The window screen is propped against the wall until someone comes by that I can snag to help me put it up. I tried for about 15 minutes but it's to big and on the heavy side to do it alone. What I really want to do is to tear out that window and install a replacement. Wonder what that would do to my paint job.


Since I got up at 6:00 am this morning I needed a nap in the recliner between the coats of paint. Before I sat down I measured the ingredients into the bread machine and fired it up. This loaf is as delicious as the first. I'm almost ready to branch out into trying cinnamon rolls.

7 comments:

  1. I love the before and after shots. The difference is really amazing. And it did have a bunch of weird shapes for you to deal with. And such great news about your eye. Hope you celebrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you got a good report from the doctor that is wonderful news. Be patient, it will pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that what coffee tables are for? Everyone needs a catch all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never had a coffee table again, after my young son fell and cut his head on one. Never missed em. Liked space more, lol. Of course, i always bucked the systems.
    Sooo glad to hear ur good report with ur eyes!!,,And that hall is already brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got good news from the eye doc and your place is looking GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The paint job looks great - new paint is the best thing to update a room.
    I remember using my bread machine "back in the day." Nothing like fresh, warm bread, just baked. You're making sticks 'n bricks sound pretty darn good!

    Congrats on the good doctor report. It's gotta be nice to have that behind you, and just continued improvement ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love home-made bread. Brings back so many good memories. I like to make cin rolls for breakfast on Sunday mornings. Really glad your eye is doing so great.

    ReplyDelete