Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Time for heavy duty rain gear!

It's time to get out the Wellington boots and other rain gear as the 10 day forecast features rain for 9 out of those 10. Even Lady doesn't want to stay out for long.

I'm getting my hair trimmed tomorrow, and since it is not far from the Apple Store I will take the paperwork with me in case they call to say my laptop is ready. I am certainly ready for it. I am still wavering on the iPad, although I will no doubt try to return it. I am surprised that I like it as well as I do, but that has more to do with ease of carrying it around, and the fact that I can turn it on, check for email, and turn it back off within a matter of seconds. The salesman is a charmer, and all of the techs at the Verizon store are enthusiastic about the products they sell, and it is obvious they enjoy their work.

If the cost was about half of what it is I might consider it, but there is no way I can justify the money I would spend for the usage I would put it to. And the plain truth is that I don't need it, Since I always drive alone there is no way I could look something up while on the road. My lazy bnavigator sleeps in the back of the cab most of the time.

Before this drama with computers I actually looked at a few TV's. I just looked and was a long way from buying, but I am glad I don't have one right now. I would be glued to the TV for news of the disaster in Japan. What really scares me is the fact that the same thing could happen here, and not just on the West Coast. In my lifetime the nation of Japan has been devastated by two nuclear disasters. It is almost too much to think about.

4 comments:

  1. The quake and everything that has followed is devastating. I hope they can bounce back. Although they look very fragile, they seem to be a hardy bunch of people. So giving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching the news of Japan those people can certainly teach us some lessons about strength, courage, and perseverance. My heart goes out to them and all they have lost.

    You're using heavy duty rain gear and I'm trying to figure out how to run around with very few clothes on. We are supposed to hit 90 today and it's only the middle of March.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said: "I am surprised that I like it as well as I do, but that has more to do with ease of carrying it around, and the fact that I can turn it on, check for email, and turn it back off within a matter of seconds."

    Seems like a netbook might be perfect for you. Not nearly as exciting, but cheaper, lightweight and practical.

    The news from Japan is so devastating. The two things that strike me when I watch the TV coverage are that nature is unbelieveably powerful, and that the Japanese are incredibly civilized, not adding to their terrible problems with panic and looting. It seems so strange that our lives go on as usual, while others have been changed terribly and forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gypsy;Re your comment on my blog,dont give up on the I-pad keyboard yet.Try landscape position for greater size.

    I thought the same with the phone for the first few days,but it grows on you after awhile and you can be like speedy Gonzales.

    You cant beat the convience factor.And with some of the great apps like "exit" and "around me"and "Gas Buddy",Its going to be a dream while on the road.Being an alone traveller like myself, you can still pull over and use it to quickly find a location nearby.

    ReplyDelete