Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Back to normal

I picked up my Mac from the Apple Store, and then drove to the Verizon Store where I returned the iPad. The trial for a week was expensive because I had to pay a $70 restocking fee, but now I have a definite opinion on the iPad. It is wonderful in many aspects, and as I mentioned previously, if you are comfortable texting on your cell phone you would be ok with the iPad and would probably love it. For most keyboardists however, it isn't easy to get used to, and you have to want to get used to it. I didn't.

I can't say enough for the Apple Store. I have never been in one that didn't have a good number of employees who really want to answer your questions and sell you their products. Quite unlike walking into some stores, and I'm thinking of MY experiences in Best Buy, where two salesmen won't interrupt their conversation with each other in order to help you. Apple employees seem to be enthusiastic about the products they sell, and that enthusiasm creates some really positive energy which you can notice when you enter the store. I will add that the Verizon Store in Birdcage Mall (Sacramento) has the same competent and enthusiastic employees, and it is a good experience walking into that atmosphere.

I would like to thank all the readers who commented on my trials and tribulations with the iPad, and I especially appreciate all the suggestions. I struggled with the decision whether to keep or return it, but in the end it was just too much money for a toy I wouldn't be using constantly.

I tried to get a decent photo of the iPad up against my Dell monitor but it was difficult to avoid the reflection of the flash.

4 comments:

  1. The Ipad looks just like my Ipod but lots bigger. I also think that the pad is way too expensive for what you get. Both of them really are only a toy. I love my iPod though ☺
    I get the same good service here at Future Shop. It's my favorite store!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the end, the I Pad had to satisfy you the end user. And though you had to pay to try it out for a while, there is no sense in keeping something you will not be satisfied with in the long run. So back it went, and they will turn it around to another customer that will be happier with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, from a keyboardest point of view I certainly wouldn't care for the typing aspect of the IPad. If I felt I had a definate need or purpose for an IPad I would have a look at it but being the logical person I am I'm careful about falling into the latest cool gadget thingy. Years ago I saw the importance of having a computer & have never regretted that decision of getting one. The IPod was a good decision for me because of my love of music. I'm sure the IPad has lots of neat stuff but I just can't justify the expense for something that would not be practical for me at this time:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got your Mac back. I know you really love it.

    ReplyDelete