Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, March 17, 2011

No word yet

I took all the paperwork with me today, but no call about my laptop. I got my hair cut and then stopped by Jeannie's on my way home. They arrived back from the east coast last night after a wonderful two weeks there. They got a rental car at the Pittdburg airport and drove by Ara's college to pick her up as it was her spring break. They spent time visiting family in NY and Northern VA, and then visited some of Donald's family in Norfolk. They set it up so the pictures run as a slide show on their big screen tv, and I enjoyed seeing it all.

After seeing the pictures taken in Washington DC I realize I'm ready to go back for a visit. They had wonderful weather, mostly mild with a day or two of showers. I certainly couldn't cover that much ground in two weeks, but I could have when I was their age. It's good to have them back, and Jeannie and I are going go make an early morning trip downtown this Sunday to the farmer's market,

Every time I read something I typed on this thing I see many errors. This is after proofreading it and making corrections, but I still don't catch all the typing errors. They are typing errors, and not spell errors, I want emphasize. This thing is definitely going back. Several people have written me about a keyboard for the iPad, but that would negate everything I like about it, mainly the size and portability. if I have to buy stuff to make it usable, after already spending a bomb on it, then I will never get my money's worth of use from it.

I realize one thing and that is I'm so glad I bought the Mac laptop. Even though I don't have to deal with the XP, Vista or Windows 7, and I cannot access the Internet on the desktop, I constantly get notices popping up about updates, security patches, and my security system needs to be updated. About once a month or 6 weeks I get a notice about an update to a program on my Mac, whereas I remember being gone for about 6 weeks when I lived in NC, and When I got back I had 23 security patches waiting for me to download and install. I know we all have our preferences, and I am extremely happy with the Mac.

3 comments:

  1. I wish more people would realize the benefits of a Mac. They are great except they don't have a Livewriter for the blog but I can live without it!

    Too bad about the ipad though. I wouldn't keep it just because of the credit card thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used a Mac but I do know that people who have them would never give them up. Can't find that kind of loyalty amongst us Windows users. Hope you get it back really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never used a Mac but I do know that people who have them would never give them up. Can't find that kind of loyalty amongst us Windows users. Hope you get it back really soon.

    ReplyDelete