Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, March 18, 2011

I could be lighting up soon!

Naw, I'm not going back to smoking (although I plan to smoke again when I get old). I just read that a small radiation plume from Japan has been detected in Sacramento, "but officials say it poses no threat". This is from a New York Times article, and is reported by European officials today. Should I believe what I'm told by European officials, is a very frightening piece of news if it is true, but is downplayed by unidentified officials as posing no risk. So if I seem to have a glow about me, maybe that's because I am a hot radioactive mama!

There is so much I could add to this but I promised myself I would stay away from controversial subjects. Just say that I am willing to give up my few technological toys in exchange for the worldwide ban on nuclear energy. That should come as a surprise to nobody!

It is so very nice having my laptop back with it's regular keyboard. Just a question to those of you who might be using a tiny Microsoft computer similar to the iPad - I think one commenter mentioned a Netbook. Not that I want a Netbook or anything like it, but I want a justification for keeping my Dell 19" monitor. I love that monitor and am not going to give it away when I finally part with the Dell computer.

After a brief respite with a couple of warm days it has turned cold and rainy again. Weather has become so erratic and unpredictable the past few years so anything can happen, but normally the rainy season should soon be over. Then by May if I'm not out of Sacramento, you will hear me cryin' about the heat.

Spring must be close because I'm getting a strong urge to get outdoors in the mountains, preferably the Appalachians.

11 comments:

  1. OMG if you're getting radiation in Sacramento, imagine what the island of Japan is getting. It's very scary. Is it time to head for the bunker? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are your eyes feeling ? Is your sight getting better ? Best wishes,
    acheapguy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hot glowing mama!! The 19" monitor would be a good thing. But I'm even getting kind of used to the small screen on my Vortex. At least as long as I have my glasses on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some good buys on compact desk top refurbished computers. I bought an IBM that is not much bigger than my laptop. Most have XP installed, which is why I bought. No monitor, but some include a new keyboard and mouse. I plan to use my wireless keyboard & mouse. I've seen a refurb Dell for $99.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No comment from me on the technology, just wanted to say I've gotten old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm wondering if I were to get a little dose of radiation it might light me up & make me a little smarter. I could use some of that ya know. But, in the meantime we're going to pack up in the morning & put a few miles between us & that Sacremento radiation cloud....10-4!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can use your monitor with a netbook. There is a place to plug it in on the back of the netbook, so you can have the best of both worlds. If you want to take just the smaller netbook into town and sit in a cafe with wireless and write a blog, you leave the monitor behind. If you are home, you plug in the monitor (and larger keyboard if you want).

    Disclaimer: I have 2 netbooks, a small Dell D420 (small laptop), a Dell D800 (large laptop) and an old Dell desktop with larger monitor. All but the D800 are down here in Honduras with me. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on the Appalachians...it's HOT in Casa Grande, AZ and we are going to be here till the second week of May. (We researched everything but the average daily temperatures for the months of April and May.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, you say that you promised yourself to stay away from controversial subjects, but then you call yourself a hot radioactive mama!! Roll On!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you have your laptop hooked to the monitor? Totally with you on Nuclear Power.

    When I get "old" I'm gong to eat nothing but sweets-ice cream, chocolate cake, malted milk shakes, chocolate chip cookies, cherry pie!!

    Sherry
    www.directionofourdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, hello....searching for Gypsy..........Hello, hello

    ReplyDelete