Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, May 31, 2021

Someone turned up the heat!

The forecast for today according to one source, is for a high of 104F.  That is going to be hot!  At 8am it was already warm when I let Rocky out, and he didn't want to stay out for long.  I'm glad to have a/c, but hate to close all the doors and windows.  And I won't like my electric bill for this month!

I am unbelievably frustrated with not being able to take care of things that I need to do.  How in the world can I prepare for a move when I have no way of  getting rid of items I don't want to keep.  I can't even do a decent job of cleaning these days.  It's a good thing I'm not compulsive about keeping a tidy house - I'd be out of my mind by now!

2 comments:

  1. I saw on the news how hot California temperatures were going to be this week. You beat us but only because we have had so many beneficial rains though the mosquitos are huge.

    When I lived in Houston we could call the Salvation Army and arrange a day and time for them to come to pick up the donated items (in my case it was furniture) and clothes.

    Goodwill could not send a truck since most of its workers were individuals with disabilities.

    There are other church groups and charities that will come pick up your stuff and you do not even have to be home you can leave your donations by the curb.

    There is also 1-800-GOT-JUNK and they too will come to pick up what you do not want including trampolines and kids' swing sets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the list. I never give anything to Goodwill, because they are NOT a charity - they sell your donations and keep the money for themselves. I do like Salvation Army, but with times like we are in, I'd like my donation to go to someone who needs it right now, and who doesn't have to jump through hoops to get it.

      Delete