Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Hurry Up and Wait!

 That seems to be the story of my life.  After looking at models in a new neighborhood, Jeannie has decided to buy a new house which will take maybe 6 months or so to be ready to move into.  It is very "open concept", and has a spacious in-law suite with it's own laundry facilities, patio, etc.  At the rate things are crawling along, I just hope I live long enough to enjoy the beauty and amenities of the place!

I'm feeling better each day and look forward to every tomorrow.  With all the complaining I sometimes do, I realize I have had a very fulfilling and wonderful life, and I'm grateful. 

I haven't had my hair cut since the pandemic started, well over a year now.  It is long, thick, and about the only way I can wear it comfortably is to pull it back and tie it.  If I don't, then it gets in my face, especially when I'm eating or drinking something, and it drives me crazy.  I think I'm about ready to make an appointment with my hairdresser.  She is very conscientious, moved her salon into her home, and is careful with cleaning and sanitizing.   While my hair is mostly gray, I still have some of the original color throughout so it doesn't age me quite as much as total gray would do.  Why, at 80, do I even worry about how old I look.  I ain't ever gonna look any younger!

6 comments:

  1. The house sounds like it will be worth the wait. Glad you are feeling better. I had to break down and go back to getting my hair cut. I couldn't stand it any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I have nothing to do with the wait, and I hope it's worth it. I've never been good at waiting - I want it to happen now! To my knowledge the kids haven't committed to this particular house. It's my understanding that the company will begin to build two or three more of each model in the next month or two, and they should be ready by the end of the year. So if you want to lock one in you can arrange for that, or just wait for a while to see if something else comes along. It's my nature to want to make a decision as soon as I'm able, and to plan for the future. Uncertainty drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been hacking at my own hair....the front looks ok....Here in Ontario we were in lockdown again...June 14 is when retail will re open...
    Glad you are feeling better....please be careful dog walking..and 80 is not that old!!! You have lots more to look forward to.
    I had to say good bye to my little dog in April....she was 15...Miss her so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry for your loss of your dog. Fifteen is a good old age for a dog though - the larger dogs usually don't live as long as smaller ones. I'm feeling so much better, and less like 80, since the cancer treatments. If my eyesight wasn't deteriorating I think I'd be ok, although my balance isn't as good as it once was.
      Even though we are pretty free to come and go, and even though I'm vaccinated, I still don't want to go out much. I need a trip to Costco in the near future and that would satisfy my longing to go somewhere. I do miss being around people though. I see my daughter and one of my sons pretty frequently, but they have their own families and lives to attend to. Thank goodness I have Rocky.

      Delete
  4. So happy you are feeling better every day. I hate waiting too but sometimes we haven't much choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially if we have to rely on others!

      Delete