Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, May 1, 2021

Changes to blog comment

Today I have deleted virtually hundreds of comments, all seemingly by the same stupid troublemaker.  The comment have nothing to do with the blog and are all the same ridiculous message.  I am trying to change my settings so that I have to approve comments before they appear.

I hope this works and that you will let me know if I'm not doing it correctly.  I know many of you have enabled the "approve comment" option.

What in the world is missing in the lives of some people that they do such annoying and outlandish things.  I just don't understand it.

We'll see how this works, although the same person or program can still make the comments.   But I hope I can at least ignore them without inconveniencing my regular readers.

6 comments:

  1. I also preview comments before they're posted. It's stopped a lot of crazy stuff and even ads for things not wanted. I wish you well with the cancer treatments. I still read every blog. I still do mine once a week. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you can get rid of that idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It says my comment will be visible after approval so it seems to be working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry that you have had to cope with that. Hope you fixed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as I read your post I went to check on my and yes some loser whining about her boy friend. Did a block and delete. But there was only one unlike you who had many. Some people need to get a life and stop being so pathetic. I have seen that post before but it has been a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had the same issue where the same person pasted an unrelated mess on Ten of our Blogs. Then I found the same mess on other Blogs we read They were getting around.
    If you just delete those Comments the person can do it again. To get rid of them mark them as Spam and Blogger will recognize it as such and not allow them to post in the future.
    Looks like your filters are properly set.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete