Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, May 24, 2021

Still house hunting!

I thought I'd write an update this evening about our experience with the search for a new house.

The house we looked at had some very nice features but there were several drawbacks.  First of all, it was way too far out of town, but secondly, it just wouldn't work for my daughter's family and me.  The house had a lot of rooms and was spacious enough, but the rooms weren't arranged in a manner that I would find logical.

It was a very large house with an in-law suite on the lower level.  Surprisingly, the in-law suite was probably the best part of the house, and the most logically arranged.  In addition to that suite, there were 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, but their placement in the house just didn't make sense and I would have a difficult time figuring out how to make it work.  I think Jeannie & Donald felt the same about it.

The location wasn't great - some kind of pre-construction was going on that could be seen from the rear deck;  the lot in the back was a steep slope down to that pre-construction area, so who knows what it would eventually look like.  I think we all felt that it would not serve our collective needs.  Actually, the in-law suite was probably the nicest and best arranged section of the entire complex.

I am happy that we have started looking for a good fit for the family, and know we will eventually find something that will really suit all our needs.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. It would have been nice that the first one you looked at, would have been the one! But thats rarely the case. It does give you a better idea of what you are really for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Styles change over the years and I'm child of the 1940's. While style is important to me, function is probably the first thing I look at.

      Delete