Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, May 24, 2021

In Retrospect

I've been thinking about the house we looked at yesterday and how it was not as well arranged as you would think, for the amount of space it had.  There were 5 bedrooms, each with its own bath.  To me this is a waste of space in a regular family home - it certainly cut down on the size of the bedrooms.  Even the master bedroom was no larger than the size of most bedrooms, but we have become used to seeing huge master suites with way more space than they really need.  As a mother of four, I cannot imagine wanting to clean 5 bathrooms so that each child or adult can have their own.  Someone has to do it, and maybe the owners would have a cleaning service, but I wouldn't want to be the one to have to maintain 5 bathrooms!  And imagine having to launder all the towels, etc., for those bathrooms!

I have to laugh at myself - I sound like a time traveler from the 1940's & 50's.  Being the oldest of eight, I remember having one bathroom in our house.  My dad's brother was a master plumber, and he installed a small bath in our basement, with a shower.   But a bathroom for each bedroom??   It is a fact that many people in this world don't even have indoor plumbing.

I am feeling so much better today, and even took Rocky for an early morning walk.  Our weather has been delightful but the forecast is calling for hot days ahead.  The overnight and morning temps are always cool here, so I am going to try to get to bed a little earlier, and to get up earlier in the morning, so I can walk the dog.  I notice he has gained some weight - I spoil him when he bats those puppy eyes at me when I'm eating, and because of my health I haven't been able to exercise him properly.

I have so much cleaning, sorting, tossing out, and packing to do that I don't know where to start.  So I just close my eyes to it all but I can't continue doing that.

 

2 comments:

  1. Gypsy just clean one thing at a time and just keep enough for 1 week. Everyone washes at least once a week. As we age there are things we really don't need. Look at what your packing and ask yourself is this a seasonal thing then keep a reasonable amount. We usually wash once a week. If it isn't a seasonal thing ask yourself when you last used it. If your answer is not in years it's time it goes! Hope this help. Good luck and let us know how your doing. It's about time. Kathy Dobson Rousseau

    ReplyDelete