Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Interesting info

 I am always interested in knowing the country of origin when I buy a new product.  This can prove very difficult to determine.  I came across a great web page that I'm linking to below, which tells you how to find this info from the 1st 3 numbers of the barcode of the product.  I'm adding the link here in case any of my readers is interested.

https://theheartysoul.com/how-to-read-a-barcode/

 I don't know about you, but I am already sick of being alone.  I do enjoy walking Rocky and greeting/waving to other walkers, but I miss my kids and grandkids.  Rocky misses them and is really showing the effects of our isolation.  I have gotten really angry with him lately, but realize he has no idea what is going on except that he has no one to play with!

I will make this short as I want to go pull more weeds in the garden.  They are growing exponentially with the recent rains.  I'd love to start planting the tomatoes, but the temps are really chilly so I have to hold myself back. 

Have a good day to the extent you can!  I'll be back soon.

10 comments:

  1. Take the bar code info I posted with a grain of salt. I just checked on a number of products in my house that have a totally different barcode, but the product is clearly marked "Made in China".

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can download a scanner to your smart phone and get info that way as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To tell the truth, I hate my smart phone more than any device in my possession!

      Delete
    2. And I do not have a smart phone, just my computer.

      Delete
    3. I had a Jitterbug phone made by Samsung which I loved and would have kept it forever. Unfortunately I think my dog ate it so my son put me on his plan and bought me a Samsung phone. (Samsung no longer makes flip phones so I couldn't replace my Jitterbug with the Samsung). I just am not wired for smart phones, and really don't like to use the phone much at all due to poor hearing, but I'm stuck with it for now.

      Delete
  3. Thank You for the bar code information I find it will be very helpful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just keep in mind that the bar code for china doesn't match what I find on products in my home that are from China. I think there is a bit of intended confusion going on - maybe they know many of us don't want to "buy China" so they are hiding the origins of many products. I just feel there is something amiss and that the wool is being pulled over our eyes.

      Delete
  4. I just take it for granted everything comes from China. Even if the label says made in USA or Canada it is seldom true.

    On your last post I mentioned using Skype as I am not tech savvy. You have mentioned in prior posts that you watch YouTube videos on your computer. If you can hear the video then you do not need earphones or headphones and you can talk and see your family from your computer. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have to have Donald set it up for me, so maybe when the self-isolation ends I'll do it. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete