Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, November 2, 2018

Something is changing!

It's probably to do with my age, but my legs ache, especially when I get up from the couch or a chair.  You would think the extra walking I'm doing with Rocky would make my legs stronger.  I probably should look for something to rub on them to relieve the aches.  My old grandpa used to use Absorbine on farm animals, himself and his family.  He could treat almost any kind of injury!  If I didn't dislike the smell of that stuff I might look to see if it is even on the market!

The results of the blood tests I took last week were mostly good.  I may have mentioned the oncologist wants me to start taking B-12.  I've taken it in the past and didn't notice a difference. 

On our walk this afternoon I could hardly get Rocky off the grass down by the Park entrance.  I stopped for a minute and let him enjoy it.   I think he's getting antsy for his final meal of the day but he has some time to wait.  

I'm seriously thinking about getting a small TV - nothing big or fancy, and I won't pay for cable as I just would like local channels for news and maybe PBS programming.  I'd prefer to subscribe to the newspaper but the ink is so hard for me to read - sort of a grey color rather than black.  I still haven't replaced the two lamps in my living room that Rocky chewed the plugs off.  I don't want to buy anything expensive because he might do the same thing again, but I end up going to bed so early because I can't just sit in the dark!  Sometimes I sit for a while in the kitchen but that isn't really what I want, so I end up going to bed.  It's a good thing because I'm up early as well.   My kids used to determine how I lived my life, and now it's a puppy!

I have no plans for this weekend, but next weekend I'm going to a winery in Napa with my kids and a brother & his wife.  I'm really looking forward to wearing something other than sweat pants or jeans!  I'll probably be overdressed!

I wish you all a good weekend.

 

11 comments:

  1. If you get a little “Smart TV” you can attach your computer and get programs and movies that way and no cable Tv necessary. I am sure some of yourkids/grandkids will be able to set that up for you. Lotsof stuff to enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a thought, although my computer is probably in its last stages and I don't know if the TV would hasten it's end!

      Delete
  2. There are two kinds of B-12, one is Cyanocobalamin and the other is Methylcobalamin. I use Methylcobalamin as it is better utilized by the body as we age. Of course, the Methyl- type is more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bottle I have on hand is methylcobalamin. Not sure what the doctor had in mind because she hasn't mentioned it again. I will take what I have until I see her in January.

      Delete
  3. I thought B12 had to be injected. I get one shot every three weeks. Have for several years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am aware of several people who get the shots but I'm not sure what the difference is. I will ask when I see the Dr. in Jan.

      Delete
    2. The B12 injections work faster. My sil took injections for quite some time and that girl runs circles around everyone, even though going through recent radical treatment for cancer. Shots of anything work faster than a pill.

      Delete
  4. I had my chair on risers and that was working out really well for me to get up. But when I was cleaning I knocked one off then another one I couldn't get them back on so I had to take the others off. My daughter came to put them back on and it never happened. Next time. Did a lot of walking today and my legs are hurting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of something like risers. I need all new furniture but don't want to invest in anything while Rocky is so young and mischevious! My legs hurt constantly from walking, and I don't know why - you'd think I would be used to it by now.

      Delete
  5. I agree with Vera you can buy a small smart ROKU television and they have a lot of free movies and you can even add local programming. I like to use mine to watch YouYube videos as I lay in bed hoping to fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My leg pain is coming from bone loss/osteoporosis. Have you had regular bone scans? They are necessary if you want to know the degree of your bone loss. Ask the doctor or research the bone issue - worries me.

    ReplyDelete