Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Monday, November 5, 2018

Beautiful Day!

It has been a really nice day so far, the first of days in the 70's this week and 40's overnight.  My favorite weather.  Last night the sky in the west was almost a dark maroon color - I've never seen anything like it before.  It was beautiful but I don't think it seemed natural either.

Joe came by this afternoon and trimmed two additional bushes for me.  I filled two large bins the park provides - and still can fill another one with what I still need to rake up.  We haven't done much trimming for the past two years and everything is so overgrown.  Rocky helped by chewing twigs when he could get by with it.

It's almost pathetic - I try to make all our longer walks go past the park clubhouse as there is such a huge grassy area.  Rocky loves to just lie down in the grass sometimes, and I try to let him as it is better than pavement or rocks.  I took a look inside the dog park yesterday evening, and it is a total mess where the dogs have scratched up the grass and it gets muddy when  watered.  I am getting more and more enthused about moving to a duplex with a huge grassy backyard. 

This evening will be the last of Rocky's meds, with just one tablet remaining for tomorrow morning.  I drip a little peanut butter on the tab and add it to his food bowl.  He would no doubt eat it even without the peanut butter, but I spoil him with it.  By the way, I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I give him a special peanut butter for dogs, with no additives and just two ingredients - peanuts and flaxseed, and free of hydrogenated oil.

It's "walk time", so I'll check back in another day.  Remember to vote!

6 comments:

  1. I see that Rocky has you trained already. (grin)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has trained me really well, and did it in practically no time at all!

      Delete
  2. Yes - finally starting to feel like Fall in Sacramento! Hoping for sweater weather in the next week or two. So have you decided to move?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I will move. I haven't looked at the place yet, but the current renter called my daughter and said we could come and take a look any time we want, which is so nice of him.

      Delete
  3. Is the neighborhood nice to walk Rocky? I guess you really don't know that yet. Hope you look at soon so you can decide if you really want to make the change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good neighborhood (with sidewalks, which we don't have in the mobile home park) and I often see people walking their dogs there. It is very close to where Jeannie lives, and my niece also rents a duplex nearby. I think I will love it.

      Delete