Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, November 23, 2018

Another day of wind & rain!

It's really not a very nice day out there, but I'm glad to see the rain anyway.  We haven't had lightning here, and I hope there is none near the forests.  I haven't walked very far with Rocky today - just too cold, wet and windy!

I talked to Jeannie last night after they arrived in Sacramento, and I'm so glad they had such a good time in Jamaica.  She said the employees at the resort were so sweet and attentive - going the extra mile for them.  They just loved Jeannie's girls and gave the family extra good service.  I'm relieved they are back, and that Joe made it to the Grand Canyon and back to celebrate his 41st birthday on this coming Sunday.  Maybe I can relax for a while - it seems like I've been waiting for the end of the world lately.  I hope it's not the end of my world because I don't know who would put up with Rocky until he "grows up" to be a good dog!  He is absolutely the sweetest little thing, while at the same time the most destructive and irritating little thing.

 So while my kids have been traveling all around, I still haven't gone anywhere lately.  I was looking forward to the trip to Napa Valley for mine and Jeannie's birthday, but the fires and smoke nearby made us decide to skip it for the time being.  I still hope we can get there later on this winter.  When I try to think of someplace I would like to go for a mini vacation, I come up with a blank.  There are places I'd like to go and people I would love to visit, but I don't think I could do that anymore.

Thanksgiving sure flew by this year.  I don't think anyone planned much for it as Jeannie and Joe were both gone during days preceding it.  I don't worry about holidays much any more but I usually enjoy being with family.  We are all getting together on Sunday to celebrate Joe's and Quinn's birthdays.

I hope the Thanksgiving holiday was a special one for all of us who celebrate it.  And I hope everyone has something to be thankful for.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's for sure. It's the thing to be most grateful for!

      Delete
  2. We had a small gathering at my place really small but it was a blessing to have them. We all ate quite well.

    Happy your are finally getting much needed rain. Hopefully to help settle some of the fire and clear the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't end up doing a thing! My daughter invited me to come over and said she would be glad to bring me some of the dinner, but I didn't want anything. I'm getting a bit depressed without a car to get around in, as well as feeling like I'm being pushed into moving to a neighborhood and place I don't want to move to. I hope this passes, but I doubt I'll move unless I choose to. My kids mean well but I'm made my own decisions since the day I graduated from high school! That's a lotta years ago.

      Delete
  3. I was happy to hear in the news that the rains you are experiencing will serve to bring the fires to an end. So much destruction, loss and grieve. My heart goes out to all the people that lost everything as well as to those brave first responders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rains have already put out the fires in some places, but the danger with rain is that there will be mudslides now. It takes a special type of person to become a 1st responder, doesn't it.

      Delete
  4. Anymore, at my age, holidays are just another day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the way I feel about all of them and it's a shame. I remember my dad loving holidays until the day he died. They won't be saying that about me!

      Delete