Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, with good cheer, good food, good people to be around.

Everything outdoors is wet this morning but right now the sun is shining.  Rain is in the forecast though.

Rocky was acting strangely yesterday, looking up at the ceiling and seeming to see or sense something that I could't understand.  He was nervous and edgy, and then when the rain started pouring down, I understood.  He has never seen rain before - good thing there wasn't lightning and thunder.  I think he was a little frightened at first and he just didn't know what to make of it.  I put on a rain parka and walked him in the rain several times and I think he enjoyed it!  I had a difficult time at first wondering why he was looking so intently at the upper walls and ceiling, and thought maybe he saw spirits that I coudn't see.  I guess he saw the spirit of rain!  With a dog's acute sense of hearing it's probable that they can hear rain coming in their direction before it actually gets here.  It's like watching a child grow and seeing their wonderment of the world around them.  

My daughter and her family arrived back in the U.S. yesterday and spent the night in an airport hotel in Miami.  They will be arriving in Sacramento in a few hours, and I'm glad they are safe and sound.  I've traveled in so many parts of the world and loved it, but I'm nervous when any of my kids go far from home.  Having one go to the Grand Canyon and another go to Jamaica in the span of about 10 days, I nearly worried myself to death.  Actually I'm proud of their desire to explore the world, and I think they got at least a part of that from me.  As I told one of them, "It's a mother's job to worry".

I wish everyone a good day!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Turkey Day to you and Rocky. Our pups always knew when rain was coming (at least before they started losing their hearing). Glad you got him out in it so he could figure out what it was. I would like he would like the rain since he's a lab. Ours think getting wet is a fate worth than death almost. I worry constantly about Todd and Michaela. I told him I can't help it and he's stuck with it. It's a mother's job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I have company with the job of worrying! I've become my mother!

      I'm happy Rocky liked the rain. I'd love to see him swimming in a lake one of these days.

      Delete
  2. Marty, Whether you are sharing it with Family or by yourself we are wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving.
    If you show fear towards anything Rocky will also pick up on that. You did the best thing possible by taking him for a walk and letting him experience it first hand.
    Kathy worries for the both of us which doesn't help her.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving as well.

      I know thatr worrying accomplishes nothing, but I do it anyway!

      Delete
  3. I worry too like you said it's our job as mothers. Happy Rocky enjoyed his walk in the rain. Like Sandie's pups mine doesn't like the rain either our water period LOL Hope you had a nice day today and soon you will be seeing your children

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I hope you had a great Thanksgiving day with family. I get up so early in the morning with Rocky, and go to bed early as well, I skipped the family gatherings this year. Holidays don't seem to matter much to me any more, and I'm almost dreading Christmas. Getting old!

      Delete
  4. Glad Jeannie and her family are back in US soil. In my family my dad was the worrier if I did not call him within a certain time frame when I made my way back to Houston, he was a nervous wreck.

    I think my mother was born without the worry gene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think when my parents got married my dad turned all the worry stuff over to my mom - she worried for both of them. With 4 kids and 9 grandkids, you know I have to be an expert worryer!

      Delete