Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, November 25, 2018

My baby is 41 today!

Joe  is 41 today, and the Sacramento family is joining up at the Thin Line to celebrate his, plus Quinn's 2nd birthday (last week) and my great nephew Romeo (18 yesterday).  I'm looking forward to it, but terrified of the damage Rocky can do while I'm gone, especially with the new TV.  I'm leaving the big box it came in sitting on the floor in front of it, and hope if he chews anything it will be the box.

Jeannie & fam. are picking me up and I asked her if they could stop at a store on the way where I can get some Ben Gay.  I ache all over and it doesn't ever feel any better - I hate to smell like Ben Gay but it's better than suffering!  I'm also going to get an adjustable hiking pole for use on our walks and hope it will stabilize me and reduce falls.  I probably am more likely to fall where a walking stick or pole wouldn't help me anyway, but I'll try to reduce the risks that I can.

I enjoyed hearing all about Jeannie's trip to Jamaica and seeing her photos.  They stayed on a Sandal's resort - there is more than one in Jamaica but this one is especially for families.  She couldn't say enough good about their visit and they are planning to go back some day.

I just took Rocky for a rather long walk and he was pretty good until a lady met us with her two (well behaved) dogs.  My own dog humiliated me.  I realize a walking stick or hiking pole would be a real hindrance rather than a help.

I need to start figuring what I can put away while I'm gone so that the dog doesn't destroy everything.  The door to  my spare room doesn't stay closed, and I discovered the papers I had left sitting on top of my shredder were torn to bits.  I have an electric shredder, and then there is the "other" one.  

It's the end of the holiday weekend, and I hope those of you who are driving home stay safe. 

8 comments:

  1. Nice to have a self-shredder, only when you need it.
    Have you considered a Doggie-Day Care or a Kennel. It might be cheaper!
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Birthday Celebrations with family.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomorrow is the day of his surgery, and I'm hoping for at least a small miracle after a short while. It really was nice to go out and not have to deal with him. I enjoyed myself, and he probably enjoyed chewing the LL Bean catalog!

      Delete
  2. Yep, now you can sell your old shredder and give the job to Rocky. He has to have something to do all the time when not sleeping. It will not be long until he is a grown, mature dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should. He doesn't consume electricity and probably will do a much better shredding job!

      Delete
  3. Can he not do a crate just while you are away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He goes in and out of his crate freely during the day, but if I close and lock the door he barks non-stop. It's not worth the trouble to me.

      Delete
  4. He is going to bark and misbehave anyway so why not crate him and then cover his crate with a sheet or blanket to calm him down? You could also leave a radio on with soothing music playing.

    I know dogs and cats are different but that is the advice I found online and by fellow readers when I was attempting to capture momma cat so I could take her to be fixed (she is a stray).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the LLBean catalog worked pretty well, and he's still working on it this morning, so I ate my breakfast without interruption! I hope his surgery will calm him down some.

      Delete