Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

An outing without Rocky!

Joe picked me up this afternoon so we could go shopping at Sportsman's Warehouse.  He is planning a backpacking trip with a friend, of about 4 or 5 days.  He brought his pack over and showed me all the items he was taking - some I agreed with but I don't think anyone needs a big air mattress to get a good night's sleep under the stars.  They will be "cowboy camping" (no tent) in an area where the weather will be below freezing, so I made sure he had an extra layer of warm clothes for "in camp".  Now I've got the bug and want to go hiking/camping.  Joe's birthday is in a couple more weeks, so I was glad to have the opportunity to get him some things he really wanted.  And I can borrow them from him if I ever get away on a camping trip!

My hair looks absolutely awful the past few weeks and I have no way to get to my regular hairdresser, so Joe stopped by a place he takes his girls to get their hair cut.  My head must be several pounds lighter now.  Oh, and I bought a squeaky toy for Rocky at Sportsmen's Warehouse!  I thought he might completely destroy the house while I was gone, but it wasn't too bad.  

I had another dumpster brought to the front of my place and I think I got rid of the last of the recent tree/bush trimming frenzy.  There are still some leaves on the rocks and driveway, but they will be easy to sweep up and throw out with the trash.  I still have a tree in front that needs a couple of branches taken off, as well as another large bush that should have at least half of it taken off.  I'll spring that on Joe after he gets back from his camping trip.

If my furnace was turned on and the pilot lit, I might have run it for a half hour or so this morning to take the chill off.  But as long as I can manage without it I will be happy to not spend money on the gas to run it. 

I'm getting hungry and I will not be able to wait until the normal dinnertime.  I figure that is a good sign for me because I never want to eat much, if anything, in the afternoon or evening. 

I hope you are all having a good day, and can keep smiling.

6 comments:

  1. Is Rocky kenneled when your out & about? Becli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I leave his crate door open all the time and he goes in and out when he wants to. The times I've closed him in and gone out, he barks the entire time. I've tried to move everything up above his reach where possible.

      Delete
  2. I know how you feel about wanting to get out camping once you have been to a camping store. I am chopping at the bit but I just don't know if I will make it or not.

    I'm having my heater turned on tomorrow morning it's going to be very chilly in a few days and just running it first thing in the morning will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to get the ductwork cleaned out before I turn on anything. My hands get so cold for most of the moring. But I'd rather be cold than hot!

      Delete
  3. I have slept out in the mountains with only Hemlock limbs and leaves as a blanket and had a very comfortable night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have slept under the stars only one time, and like being in a tent. If I had to do it again, I could.

      Delete