Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Taking a work break!

I took a good look at my fridge and saw grime and fingerprints all over it, but it doesn't come off with regular cleaners, so I brought out my heavy duty stuff.  Fridge front is now as white as snow.

I then decided to clean my oven and found the can of oven cleaner - but I couldn't get the damn child-proof cap off.  I tried every which way and it wouldn't budge, so I used the heavy duty cleaner mentioned above.  I sprayed the oven floor and the door, for starters.  I'll still need to do the sides, but only if this break revives me.  I probably should also put on a pair of rubber gloves.

The name of this spray cleaner is "ZEP Commercial" (Professional Strength Industrial Cleaner and Degreaser).  I can't remember where I bought it, and I don't use it often, for one thing, it doesn't have a very nice smell.

I've been amassing snacks that I can repackage in zip lock bags to take on the plane with me.  I talked with my son earlier today, who asked me if there was anything I wanted them to get in for me, and I replied "lemons".  I don't want to do without my warm water/lemon drink first thing every morning.  I would recommend to everyone to take the 28-day challenge.  Although I noticed a difference in about 1 week,  I would try anything a few weeks before  giving up on it. 

This morning I put a large section of paper toweling in the bathroom sink, and trimmed my bangs.  Looks good enough to me and I saved a bundle of money!  I'll see how long I can last with long hair - I don't look all that good in long hair, and look even worse when I pull it back and secure it with clips or other methods.  But I've just about lost all worry about how I look - I'm not out to find a boyfriend after all - so I will just wait and see how long I can stand it.

Here is a picture of the two photo boxes I bought.  You can see how the photos fall back because there is nothing to hold them upright.  You can also make out the white dividers that accompanied the boxes, plus the yellow dividers I did myself.  (Click to enlarge the picture)



I've about decided to clean the oven sides after I return from NY.  Tough decision, but I should never have taken a break and sat down.

12 comments:

  1. Empty check boxes make great spacers in photo boxes. I have also used chunks of 2x4s or 2x6s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant! I recently chucked all my check boxes, but I do have a stash of 3/4 cards that would work. I bet the 3x5 file box would even fit. Thanks you for giving me some ideas and I'll let everyone know what works.

      Delete
  2. Haha, isn't that the way, take a break, then just try to get back to the momentum you had before to finish what was started... so identified with that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should have known better, but I'll get back to it eventually.

      Delete
  3. Oven cleaning is the pits. Since getting down on my knees is a no no. When I had a house in NJ about 40 years ago my oven door was removable that was great. Wonder why they stopped making them like that. Love those child proof caps need for find a kid to open it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always liked an electric range and always had self-cleaning ovens. In this mobile home I have to have a very small and more narrow stove - very few models available - and it doesn't have the self-clean feature. Awful!

      Delete
  4. Boy do I hate those childproof caps. You would think with the aging population they would have two choices of tops for those with no children or weakening hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy do I hate those childproof caps. You would think with the aging population they would have two choices of tops for those with no children or weakening hands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just use the cardboard core from a roll of paper towels or wax paper or gift wrap - cut it to size and use it to prop photos - as you add more photos just cut the roller shorter. Or roll up a piece of poster board and put an old napkin ring or pipe cleaner around it. Or cut off a piece of styrofoam from a packing box or a styrofoam fruit tray or whatever you are recycling anyway - Be safe and don't overdo before your trip. Good Luck !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - There is probably some big pieces of sturdy foam around your new bathroom fixtures - ask the guys to save you some !

      Delete
    2. GI reat suggestions! I put something in there that holds the photos upright, but can't remember what I used! I don't like to see my memory going so fast.

      Delete