Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Sometimes I'm so clever!

For a long time I've been putting up with the charger for my laptop, which is twisted and nearly pulled apart.  It was actually close to being in two sections when I did a Rube Goldberg job of splicing and taping it - actually it has worked splendidly for me for several months although I often have to adjust the electrical tape holding it together.

Today I was rummaging around in my spare room looking for additional items I can set out to donate tomorrow.  I came across my original Apple laptop, which I ruined by spilling a full glass of something or other onto the keyboard.  I took it to the Apple store and they were able to salvage most of the hard drive and copy it onto the new Macbook Pro they happily sold me.  I still have the old computer.  It is heavier, with a 17" display which my aged eyes would certainly appreciate.  Apple corporation would be the most expensive option for trying to get it fixed, but I'm thinking of taking it to a local computer refurbisher to see what they think.  I loved that computer and would give anything to have it back, but meanwhile I am using its power cord.  Now I'm wondering what took me so long to find and try the old charger.

The sciatic pain continues to lessen, but when I start thinking I'm completely over it my body lets me know I'm not.  I'll be sure to feel the aches and pains when I start moving donations outside for tomorrow morning's pickup.  It is supposed to rain tomorrow and I just hope it holds off until mid-morning at least.  I have a big tarp that I will use as a ground sheet and cover, if necessary.  Some of the items will be left on the porch, so if I start the trail down by the curb and work it up to the porch, I'm sure UCP will take it all away.

Enough of staying at home - I'm going shopping.  Lord how I hate to shop!  I need a nice top to go with a good pair of, as yet unworn, slacks I bought a few months ago.   

LATER - I'M BACK 
I found a top at Marshall's white lace that will go nicely with black slacks.  I feel like a ton has been lifted off me.  I hate shopping!

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim has cords stashed everywhere. And I have no idea what they are for. No harm in getting an estimate to repair the old computer. I also hate shopping so 90% of mine is done on line. And I don't do much of that either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have several Garmin GPS cords. They look exactly alike, but somehow you can't substitute one for another. I'm afraid to throw any kind of cord away.

    Mostly I buy clothes at Costco any more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard keeping track of cords, which goes with what. The plug on my HP laptop pulled out and I took it apart but couldn't find a place to plug it back in. So, that is why I had to buy a new laptop. I insist on a 17 inch screen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand why each device has to come with its own cord, and why they shouldn't be compatible across all devices. Extension cords probably haven't changed in decades - all these companies (not just computers) are causing us to be awash in cords, and I'm sure they include the cost of a cord in the price we pay.

      Delete
  5. The cord game, I was looking for the one for my Kindle as it starts to do wierd things once in a while and plugging it into the laptop will fix it. I can use the phone charger cord to charge the battery but what a time I had finding one to fit into the kindle that fit the laptop. I finally found it in the cord drawer. It now is in my back pack for the cameras sure to be able to find it next time..??
    I'm with you I hate shopping for clothes and groceries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems every electronic device I own is acting up. Are there sun spots or solar flares that are messing with our reception?

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do know you can hook your MacBookPro up to your TV or another larger monitor, don't you? It doesn't even have to be a Mac.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid that is more technical than I would ever be able to do at this point.

      Delete
  8. I share your loathing of shopping. I even hate to go to the grocery and other than a dress for my daughter's wedding and underwear I haven't bought any clothing for years. I'm sure I have enough to last decades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I usually don't mind going to the grocery, and maybe tht's because I go often - usually 3x a week - so it doesn't take a lot of time. The one exception is Costco. I love Costco and can spend a lot of time trolling the aisles. That's where most of my clothes come from these days. After sorting and organizing my clothes a few weeks ago, I realize I could go the rest of my life without needing anything else.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you were able to find a nice top. I like Marshalls they have good quality items at reasonable prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty and was a good price, although I don't know how often I will wear it as it is pretty dressy.

      Delete