Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Improvement

I'm going to bed soon, but have been nursing a beer for a while and still have a couple of swigs to go so I'll post a short blog tonight.  Ha!  I can hear you saying "She can't post a short anything".   I do tend to get wordy.

I cannot tell you what a difference the ice has made with the sciatic pain.  When I walk, get in and out of the chair, etc. I still feel twinges of pain, but nothing like it was yesterday.   I don't like using an ice pack so the last time I had this ailment I told myself that heat would work just as well, but of course, my chiropractor was correct when he insisted I'd do better with ice.  I've not done much else today except to go to the post office to mail my CA tax return, and then use the ice pack.

I worry about getting all the stuff for donation outside by 8 am on Thursday.  The bags of clothing and such I can handle, but there are several items that are heavy - the boxes of books, and the portable elliptical machine that has been sitting in my living room for months and months.  If I can push it to the door and get it over the threshhold onto the porch, maybe the driver will be kind enough to come up to get it.

OK - beer is finished, I'm sleepy, and the ice pack is melting.  G'night!

6 comments:

  1. There have been times I would have loved to use an ice pack, but I have cold urticaria. Cold temperatures make me break out in hives. It's a hard choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize there was such a condition. It would definitely be a hard choice.

      Delete
  2. Leave the driver a note on the stuff out at the curb to get the elliptical machine on the porch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely do that, and since he doesn't come before 8 am, I should be up. It's going to take me a while to move all the bags and boxes out and down the steps, but I'll manage.

      Delete
  3. Catching up on your blog. Hope you are better now. In lieu of being able to take pain meds or OTC stuff a beer works great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A beer tastes better and lasts longer too!

      Delete