Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Just a little stressed

I always get stressed out at least a week before leaving on a trip, and it seems to grow and grow, knocking out my memory, good sense, motivation, and a few things.  I'm smack dab in the middle of this "stress week" right now.  

I have opened my suitcase and started packing a few things, but I'm not even sure yet what to take.  Will the weather hold or will it get hot?  The 17 year locusts are scheduled to break out by the millions just about mid-May.  That means there will be some who jump the gun and will emerge early enough to plague me.  I remember them in Cincinnati and it is like something I have never experienced before or since.  They make me think of the poor midwestern farmers facing the hordes of grasshoppers decimating their crops during the Great Depression, which was no doubt only the beginning of their troubles.

I worked at the library this morning and it's nice to not have to go back for a few weeks, although I still enjoy the work I do there.

I can't say enough good about how I'm feeling since I started drinking a glass of warm water with half a lemon 1st thing every morning.  It's been about 3 weeks so far, and it was in response to a 28 day challenge.  I will keep it up indefinitely.  There wasn't a specific moment that I felt the improvement - just a feeling of well-being that creeps up on you and suddenly you realize how much better you are.  I was a little surprised to hear from a number of commenters who are also drinking lemon water in the morning.  It is a good start to the day for me and others.

I've only seen a few hummingbirds during the last month or so.  I don't know if I should  put out fresh nectar before I leave or just take the feeder down.  I don't have a clue what has happened to them, as they have always been here year around.

I've been playing around with different ways to index my photos.  Every time I go through the ones I've put into the box I toss out a few more.   A few co-workers I didn't care for much to begin with don't need to be in my collection.  On the other hand there are certain people I backpacked with who are very dear to me and I want to keep the memories.  This whole business of tidying up has been a revelation to me about what is important to hold on to, and what is not. 

I can now see the floor in my computer/camping/storage room, and I sometimes enjoy just sitting quietly in my fantastically comfortable office chair, looking at my wall maps (one of the world and one of the U.S.), and just thinking about the great life I've had.  Can my life get any better when so many parts of me are suffering the ailments of old age?  I think it can, and is getting better, although I've had to change the emphasis a whole lot.  I always feel joy these days, and more often than not I also feel happiness.  Can't ask for better than that! 


 

10 comments:

  1. No you really can't ask for more than that! I'd like to know an approximation of how much water to lemon you drink in the morning. I squeeze a thick slice into about 8 oz and then toss in the squeezed slice too. If Virginia is any indication, things are going to get hot in the east. It was 90 yesterday they tell me. Uggg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just refilled my water glass and measured it holds 16 oz. I'd say I use about 14 -15 oz with juice from 1/3 lemon. I pour half the water into my elec. kettle and as soon as I hear it starting to get hot I pour it back into my glass, so the water temp is perfectly warm. The next couple of times I fill my water glass I squeeze anything left in that half a lemon into my glass.

      Delete
  2. Really good to hear you sounding so happy even during stress week. Lemon and water - mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only disappointment so far is that my belly fat is still intact. Darn, I thought it was going to roll off!

      Delete
  3. Really good to hear you sounding so happy even during stress week. Lemon and water - mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you feel joy and happiness most of the time, you should be very thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes your trip is just around the corner. You'll have a great time and I think this is a good time of year to go.

    So nice to see the floor and enjoy the room and dream of past trips and ones you may still go on some day or just dream about.

    Maybe more neighbors are now feeding the hummers so they drift back and forth to see who has the better sweeter liquid. I haven't seen to many here either but for today they seemed to be back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the neighbors who live near me and have feeders out have empty feeders. They must not be refilling them because the birds are gone. I guess I will put fresh nectar out tomorrow and see if there is any action before I leave.

      I've heard several people say that they are noticing things to be different than in previous years, and I think something has either poisoned the hummers or is keeping them away. I believe it has something to do with chemtrails.

      Delete
  6. The stress before a trip is understandable. I am so happy for you and your upcoming trip.

    ReplyDelete