Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, April 22, 2016

Dark clouds in the west

The rain has been coming in waves today, with sunny periods in between.  I just looked toward the west and see the ominous dark clouds moving in.

It really irritates me that the newscasters in this area are now saying that we are still in a drought - the snow pack wasn't nearly enough and the snow melt won't be what we need, and the reservoirs are too low.  That's a far cry from what I've seen and heard from those very same news people.  I was driving somewhere recently and saw a huge illuminated billboard by the side of the road that said we are in "extreme drought".  

So what are all those drops that have been falling from the sky for the past few months?  I wonder if this is an excuse to tamper with weather, chemtrails, and god knows what else they can do.  Something weird is going on behind the scenes and I don't like it one bit, nor do I trust the government that is causing it.  I'm not the only one who notices that something is different, the skies are different, and it is strange to say the least.

I didn't do much today - just little jobs and little bits of packing for my trip.  I watched some TV shows that I've recorded previously, including the two genealogy series.  My favorite of these two is the one hosted by Henry Louis Gates.  I don't care for the shows that feature commedians, however, as they are constantly wisecracking and laughing about every little thing.  It gets old.  Maybe it's their way of dealing with life events they can't control.

My fridge and freezer are really down to very basic items, and I have no idea what I want to fix for my dinner.  I think I will go through the fridge this evening or maybe tomorrow, and declutter the contents.  I have already thrown out most items that are out of date, but I can probably find a few more.

I've been roughly following the Marie Kondo method of decluttering, but there is another one whereby you collect 30 bags of trash in 30 days, just going through every room in the house, all the junk drawers and the like.  Any size bag, and in no particular room order.  I think the end result of all the decluttering should be a vow to not accummulate so much stuff to begin with.  It doesn't do to throw out items you don't need or use, and then replace them with more useless things.  I wasn't kidding when I originally predicted I wouldn't be finished with all my decluttering until the end of the year.  The photographs alone should take me up to Thanksgiving!

14 comments:

  1. I am coming to the conclusion that a lot of my stuff is going to be trashed, the little stuff and old electronics that I was so proud to own (or even know what it was) at the time. I am still using up stuff I got while in Honduras, toiletries and staples in the kitchen and such, and I've been in Phoenix 3 years now. I only buy what I need to complete a meal, such as bread or peanut butter or such, at the grocery now, and not a lot of that. As snowbirds are leaving I end up with their perishables such as eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of cords, chargers, batteries, and small devices that I would like to get rid of and I know they shouldn't be tossed in with the regular trash. But what is one supposed to do with them?

      I will go through my fridge before leaving for NY and take the eggs and similar perishables to my daughter.

      Delete
  2. I'm very interested in what you are seeing in the sky in the West... I've been Sky watching and I'm not sure that I see anything different here in the east... I will be interested to hear about what you see in the East while you are here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, and I will be sure to do some skywatching in NY. I can tell you one thing about what I'm seeing here, and that is clouds that are unlike any clouds I've ever seen before. The color is different for one thing. I'll think about this and try to go into more detail in a future post.

      Delete
  3. Weather is so strange no matter where you are. Bur I'm curious about your clouds also. I'm working on pictures and I could pull all my hair out before I finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I purged my clothes first, and books net. That gave me the experience of getting rid of things so it just followed that it was easier when I got to papers, photographs, and miscellaneous household items. You lose a lot of your sentimentality and when you keep something for sentimental reason, you know it should be kept.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy could the Shenandoah National Park use some of that rain. Over 8000 acres burned as of yesterday. So sad. I sure admire your purging. How do 2e get so much stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked to hear about the fire in the Shenandoah, especially at this time of year. I think we get so much stuff because we are constantly bombarded with advertising, and because we never get rid of anything. I'm the worst on this - I replace an item but don't always throw the old one away thinking I'll keep it as a backup.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We too fall into the category of having way too much stuff. And if one house didn't have enough clutter we went & bought a second house & doubled our clutter. Bringing a bunch of stuff from Congress Arizona back to Bayfield Ontario wasn't too smart either. We have boxes of extra clutter sitting around now. I think your doing the right thing by making a start on purging your stuff for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eventually you need to have a yard sale or a donation pile, or both.

      Delete
  8. After you get through with your home, how about coming over to Texas and clean out ours. (grin)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure when I'll actually finish. I'm surprised at how many people are getting in on the decluttering act and publishing Youtube videos with suggestions.

      Delete