Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Oh No, Not Again!

I have a good case of sciatica, and hope I can get over it before I get on the plane for NY.   I realize what causes it, and it's all my fault.  With my worsening eyesight I need to hold my laptop closer to me, but my arms get tired.  So I twist slightly and rest my left arm and the computer on the arm of the chair.  Right now I'm using ice, 15 min. on and 15 min. off, and hope I can beat it before it gets too bad.  It's hell trying to sit down, stand up, and forget getting in and out of bed!  The most annoying part is that I can't take any kind of OTC for the pain - they all give me terrifying side effects due to my heart disease, so I hope the ice works, plus my attempt at focusing my mind on healing.

I had a re-exam at the chiropractor today, and my scoliosis is nearly completely cured.   The Dr. took an X-ray which he will show me the along with the xray taken by Dr. Bergman in Huntington Beach last June,  and I can see the difference in my spine after treatment.

I looked for photo storage boxes at Michael's yesterday.  None of the boxes is acid free cardboard, nor do any of them have tabbed dividers.  Michael's doesn't sell any tabbed dividers that I can use, and I don't want to have to make my own or modify something to fit.  I have ordered two photo boxes with tabs, from an online company.  I hope to get them soon, and if they work out I will order some more.  I have continued to weed out photos from the thousands of paper photos I have, plus I recorded the ID's of the digital photos I'd like to have printed.   

I'm feeling pretty good about what I've accomplished and can't wait to see how things look when all the donations from my living room are set out on Thursday morning.   Steve and I are going to Home Depot and Lowes later this week, so I may end up with a bathtub in my living room!  He's going to start with the tile and tub, plus the new window, the grab bars (don't need them yet, but probably will eventually).  The toilet, sink top and floor can be done while I'm in NY, and then when I get back I will need to paint the walls & ceiling.

7 comments:

  1. Did the sciatica start hurting after the Dr. appt.? Maybe he could have fixed it. I could never sit like that either or I would be in terrible pain too. I just use my desk at all times. Hope it gets better before you have to leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There isn't much any doctor can do except maybe prescribe some heavy duty drugs. It's too bad (or maybe it's good, for me) that I can't take NSAIDS or OTC pain killers. When I take them my heart comes to a thud and seems to stop, then I wonder if I am going to die, then I get dizzy and disoriented, and then I shake myself out of it. It was happening quite frequently a while back, and stopped completely when I emptied out all the meds, Rx and OTC, and quit taking them. Now when I have any kind of pain I just have to tough it out!

      Delete
  2. Man, I sure hope you stop hurting so much before getting on that plane. Good luck with the ice. Well, a bathtub in your living room is probably better than a toilet in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pain is a real bummer, but I'll just have to deal with it. I'm hoping we can go ahead and get the toilet this week as well, so it will probably be in the living room also. Hopefully, both will be in boxes!

      Delete
  3. Oh I am sorry to hear about the pain. Thanks for letting me know about the limitations of the Michaels boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ten years ago, or even 5, I would have devised a system to separate and tab the photos myself. Now I don't feel like doing it, and would rather pay for a box that is ready to go. The ones I ordered run about $10 each if I include shipping. Next time if I order 3 or 4 of them I hope the shipping per box will go down, but it probably won't.

      Delete
  4. Oh I am sorry to hear about the pain. Thanks for letting me know about the limitations of the Michaels boxes.

    ReplyDelete