Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, April 3, 2009

In Orland for a month

It's my first full day here, and I didn't get a whole lot of rest last night. I was so tired from the move that I went to bed early, about 8 pm. It was a good thing, because from about midnight the wind raged, and as you can see from the photos, there were branches hanging too close to my rig. (They are trimmed now.) I saw on the internet that we have a wind advisory until this evening, with very high gusts expected. The wind rocked my RV more at Cal Expo because it was unprotected, whereas the trees in this area take a big part of the wind. It's beautiful and clear today, and I drove into town - couldn't find the RV service place but I did find the bakery! Driving back I think the snow covered mountain I saw is Mt. Lassen.

I wanted to get some pictures of the town but just never found myself in the right position to get a good shot. I don't want to stand out on the sidewalk looking like a tourist, so this will take some planning.





The pictures aren't very clear, but that is because I had to save them in Medium quality or they would have taken forever to load. I packed away the laptop this morning and set up the desktop - all I had to do to get my pictures was to click on the Camera Wizard and select the pictures to download. It will even delete them from my camera after downloading, which keeps the camera from being overloaded. All I was ever able to do with Vista's program was to look at the pics - couldn't find anything to save them on my computer. I even tried Picasa which I know many folks rave about, but it certainly isn't as intuitive as the Microsoft Camera Wizard. I don't do anything to my photos except to crop them once in a while, so I don't need anything with fancy capabilities. I'm beginning to think that simple, easy to understand and use programs are going the way of the dinosaur, and so am I!

2 comments:

  1. "O" this wind. You know what they say,"when the RV's a rocking, its probably the wind. LOL All the Best, M&C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw yes, but a nice dinosaur nevertheless:))

    ReplyDelete