Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Update on my Easter holiday

Sun. April 12, 2009
I left early on Sunday morning and had an easy trip to Sacramento. I drove directly to my daughter's house; left the dogs there and we went to Steve & Megan's for brunch of homemade fried rice (he makes the best!) and Mimosas for those who could drink them and orange juice for those who couldn't. We went out in the back yard later and looked at all the work Steve & Megan have done to prepare a garden plot, as well as the beautiful iris, cacti, and other blooming plants.


Then it was back to Jeannie & Donald's house to get dinner ready. Donald made a very tasty roast with all the vegetables plus desserts. Joe & Sarah came with Alyssa, plus my sister, Amy was there. The two little ones hunted easter eggs in the front yard, and they didn't realize (or didn't care) that we were constantly taking the eggs from their baskets and re-hiding them!


Monday, April 13
Donald, the two little girls and I went to Fry's to get memory chips for my computer. I took some pictures there, that I've already posted on an earlier blog.

Tuesday, April 14
I drove over to Cal Expo in the afternoon and visited with Laurie and Odel in their motorhome. This was the first time we met, and I think it was the beginning of a solid friendship. We ran out of time way before we ran out of conversation.



You may notice I mention Donald, my son-in-law's cooking quite a lot. Jeannie can cook but she doesn't really care to. Donald, on the other hand, is a superb cook who likes to try new recipes and is very creative in the kitchen, and he also is as good as any professional when it comes to desserts and decorating cakes, dipping and decorating strawberries, etc. On Monday evening he made some enchiladas and rice that were the best I've ever eaten. My sons are also excellent cooks, and between them, Donald and my brother-in-law, John (Amy's husband), we will probably have everyone at the campground wishing they were dining with us over Memorial Day. All the girls have to do is sit down and fill their plates! It doesn't get any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment