Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Friday, April 10, 2009

Fridge gaskets and company

...two highlights of my day. The RV service man came with the replacement fridge & freezer gaskets this morning. It required taking both doors off which was no easy task. He set the doors on the picnic table outside and got the new gaskets in place, then re-hung the doors. It took about an hour more than it should have because of the way the doors are attached, so I am even less impressed with Dometic than I was. Now I'm supposed to leave the doors closed so the gaskets can set and mold to the door for 48 hrs. That is a long time to go without opening the fridge. I put some really important stuff in a cooler and bought ice today.

My sons Steve & Joe drove up for the day with Joe's daughter Alyssa. She loves to climb, and it was up and down on everything inside the rig. I took her upstairs and showed her how the bed lifted up, and she pulled a box out of the storage and stood on it ready to climb over and into the storage itself. We went outdoors and she nearly gave me a heart attack going up and down the steps to the 5ver. After lunch at a Mexican restaurant in town we took a drive out to Black Butte lake and the campground. They were pleased with my recommended campsites, so Steve will try to get the online reservations.

The fun began when we got back and Joe climbed the ladder up to the roof to sweep all the tree debris from the slides. Alyssa wanted to climb that ladder in the worst way, so her Uncle Steve helped her get up to where her daddy could reach her. I have a picture of Joe & Alyssa up on the roof of my 5th wheel, but since Sarah is pregnant I don't want to cause her any more worry than she has already, so I won't even acknowledge that I have such a picture. When they came down from the roof it was back to climbing on and off the picnic table, and up and down the steps. She never stops, but what a darling little girl! I had to keep Autumn and Alyssa in mind when selecting campsites - some are too close to the water, too big a drop off, etc. They will find enough mischief as it is.

I will drive to Sacramento early Sunday morning and come back after seeing the eye surgeon on Wednesday morning, so tomorrow will be spent doing last minute things around the rig and figuring how to get what I need to take packed into the truck, and still have room for the dogs and me. I'm taking my desktop computer so Donald can install additional memory, and I think I will set it into the basket of laundry that I'm also taking. I just love taking my dirty laundry "home" to the kids, although I will actually do the work. It just seems fitting to turn the tables after years of kids coming home to do their laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment